Forums are back in action! ×

Marathon!

Today I ran the Philadelphia Marathon in 4:50. I'm excited because this is 25 minutes better than the marathon I ran in May. But I'm upset because my goal was 4:30. It was within reach. I lined up with a pacer and realized early on that he was going WAY too fast. Instead of even splits of 10:10-10:20 a mile, we were hitting 9:45, 9:50 and some 10:05 miles all in the first half. I should have slowed down and done my own thing. But I stayed with the pacer until mile 14. Then I just couldn't keep up anymore and slowly but surely fell away.

Nonetheless I finished injury free and now I feel great. I'm excited for my next marathon in March where I know I will finally hit my goal.

On the up side, all my toenails are intact. I could have sworn from mile 18 on that I could feel a toenail floating around in my sock. But I got home and they all survived!

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

Congratulations. That was very ambitious trying to improve your PR by 45min, but I like the way you think! I'm sure you'll reach your goals in the next go around. Big ups for leveling up and trying your heart out...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

excellent! Screw the pacers, do your own thing. I've heard MANY more experiences like yours rather than good ones when using them. You know what you need,take matter into your own hands next time. Good luck in your training this winter!

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Thanks everyone! I can finally walk (almost) normal today. Now I get to start being excited for Crossfit starting in 2 weeks

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross