Forums are back in action! ×

A woot, I guess?

Several people at work have made comments a long the lines of "Man, are you using steroids?". In a way it's kinda of annoying because I've achieved what I have naturally. Then again, it's kind of a compliment...I guess? lol Anyone else experienced this? Not sure how to handle it, because obviously I don't want people thinking that about me.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

People who can't tell the difference between a natural lifter and a drug user shouldn't really be commenting. If you've been in a gym long enough, you can tell whos on the roids.

Hint: it's the guys who pump their triceps and biceps thru 2" range of motion but are still jacked.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

heh heh, don't worry about it. People go to obvious extremes when trying to compliment others and they really have no understanding of what you really do. Besides, you know the truth and unless you are competing then it really doesn't matter what they think. Take it as a good humoured jab at your new physique and roll with it, if it's not in good humour then crush their heads and eat their soul!!...or ignore them, whatever, it's your choice...

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

At first I thought it was mostly in good humor but the comments just keep coming. They also seem to keep spreading and more people making them. I'm just going to roll with it like some of you suggested though and not let it bother me. I know it's not true and I know that I've worked hard. That's enough.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I'd go with SpecialK's idea, beat that chest and be proud of your acheivements, but let em know you're allllll natural.

Nice work too! w00t!

I think I'll do that tonight if it's mentioned. I always defend myself if they make those comments.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Tell 'em, "Can you imagine how I'd look if I did take 'roids?", then flex! lol.

haha, that's great! I'll use that one next time. I got another roid comment tonight and wish I had seen this first.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Guest guest4729

I get that all the time. (sarcasm, clearly)

It's kinda neat that people are taking notice to your hard work, though. Despite the fact that they're grossly misinformed and a little annoying - at least they're noticing the huge changes in your body/physique. :)

I doubt they mean it literally. My wild ass guess is that they're saying they've noticed the change in you, but it makes them uncomfortable because it reminds them of their own sloth and gluttony. Or someone said it as a joke once, noticed it riled you up and now they're just riding you.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I doubt they mean it literally. My wild ass guess is that they're saying they've noticed the change in you, but it makes them uncomfortable because it reminds them of their own sloth and gluttony. Or someone said it as a joke once, noticed it riled you up and now they're just riding you.

I'd say that's a pretty good guess. A friend of mine noticed that my arms were getting bigger and he's the one that started the steroid comments. But, I started to just ignore it and it's never come up again.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!