Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from London

Hello Everyone,

I am 23 and doing my posgrad in London for 1 year now and I recently (3 weeks ago) joined a good gym and decided to take fitness seriously. I had gone a gym before but not on a constant rate. I want to strengthen and tone up and basically feel better about my physical condition.

I usually walk a lot (at least 8km a day if I want to go both to the gym and university), but I still cannot jog for more than 3km. I have never really used the bench presses in the gym, but I do want to. Right now I weight 70 kgs and I'm pretty happy about it, my goals are not weight-oriented. I've never been the guy who can lift heavy things but I would like to change that.

The community seems great and think this can be really helpful, congrats on the site!

Hey postgrad from London. Welcome to the boards, gobble-gobble. I also started walking on a treadmill early this year and I am currently running over 40 miles/week. Don't give up and you will be here alongside me in very short order. Just keep the ball rolling. Great to have you in our community.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Welcome to NF! I'm sure if you keep it up, you'll be running father and lifting heavier before you know.

Start with low weights on that bench press though if you've not used it before, maybe just the bar, then add weights as you confidence and ability rise. Personally, I started off by using the dumbbells for a chest press before moving to the barbell, so that I had the strength and the confidence.