Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! Greetings from South America!

Hi, my name is Alex (its Alexis really but i know Alexis is a girls name over there), Im from Uruguay and im currently weighting 110 Kilos (245 pounds i think) and im 1.80 mts (like 6 foot tall).

I came to realize that i really need to loose weight. Its getting really uncomfortable

doing things like running the bus, even carrying the groceries left me breathing a bit heavy.

The thing is, i feel motivated to start but then procrastination kicks off and i cant get anything done. I thought i had more will power than that but i was obviously wrong. So i decided to take baby steps, one thing at a time like cutting the sugar of my breakfast, then stop eating chocolate bars and stuff like that... I dont know, sometimes i get such an urge to eat those things thats its almost imposible to control. I tried running... I used to run up to 6km about 2 years ago... the other day i went out of breath with less than 300m (3 blocks?).

I hope talking to people who suffered the same things as me and succeeded helps me somehow. I just need motivation. (once i tried a diet and lost 20kilos - 44 pounds... so im capable of sticking to a diet... where is that determination when i need it?)

Sorry for my grammar, its been a while since a wrote anything in english other than "LOL" :)

Welcome to the board, Alexis! I think cutting down gradually can work, but have a plan of what you want to do each week, then stick to it as best you can. Cut from say 5 chocolates a week to 3, then 2, then 1, etc. There are plenty of ideas and members who've been through the same issues and faced similar problems. I'm sure you'll find inspirtion and advice here :)