Forums are back in action! ×

Favorite hobby?

Just wondering what some of your fave hobbys are? Mine include hiking , riding my scooter, fixing xbox's (there's plenty of them) , and of course games lol.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Knitting! Relaxing, creative, awesome for Scottish winters, and there are few feelings as good as producing something both useful and beautiful with my own hands. Sitting here in handmade socks and sweater, have another sweater just about finished at home. Need to buy more yarn. Only problem is, I've lost about two sizes since I started it!

I also do a ton of gaming, both video games and tabletop. Larping too. I'm also running a project to help prevent dating violence, which I guess counts as a hobby.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

I read a lot, more since I got the kindle app on my phone. Mainly scifi.

I also sew (some patchwork, lots mending of clothes), embroider, things like that. I'm trying to teach myself to knit. It's slow going but I'm hopeful that as long as I keep practicing it'll suddenly all come together and I'll get the hang of it.

I'm also contemplating a carpentry course - I made bookshelves a couple of years ago that do the job but are slightly wonky and I'd like to make good looking furniture one day.

I love doing things outdoors: hiking, climbing, mountain biking, and skiing are my big interests.

I'm also really interested in making "things". I like welding, machining and wood-working. There's something really awesome about making something with your hands. I have a weird obsession with industrial machinery and power tools, which I'm told is very very strange for a girl. I'm planning a couple big projects at the moment, mainly designing and building furniture/decorative objects for when I get my new apartment.

I used to read a lot, mainly philosophy, but I've gotten a bit away from that recently. I need to find some new hobbies I think.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge

Outside of the physical activities (running, rock climbing, hockey, swimming, canoeing), I used to be really into photography (that has subsided due to time/$$ constraints as of late) and still am to a degree. I love music and have been in a few "bands"/jam groups over the past few years as well, but as of January I'll be taking some courses Part-time so my new hobby will likely be homework :P

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

@ scarletleavy Who doesn't love power tools, that's not weird at all. What sort of furniture are you planning? I've only ever made bookshelves, but fully intend to make everything I can when I eventually get out into a place of my own.

Power tools are pretty awesome, I can't imagine anyone not liking them. Haha, but yeah most of the girls I know think it's really weird.

Right now I'm planning a big modular piece. Basically I'm looking at getting a studio apartment and I want to build a piece to divide the various "sections", so a headboard section, a bookshelf section, a closet section. I also want to do my own lighting fixtures with iron or something. And at some point a table. Yeah so a lot of plans. I'd also really love to do my own renovations of a house. My dream is to buy an old barn or something and turn it into an awesome modern house.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

I love doing things outdoors: hiking, climbing, mountain biking, and skiing are my big interests.

I'm also really interested in making "things". I like welding, machining and wood-working. There's something really awesome about making something with your hands. I have a weird obsession with industrial machinery and power tools, which I'm told is very very strange for a girl. I'm planning a couple big projects at the moment, mainly designing and building furniture/decorative objects for when I get my new apartment.

I used to read a lot, mainly philosophy, but I've gotten a bit away from that recently. I need to find some new hobbies I think.

Wow, those are some great hobbies! I'm thinking of getting into mountain biking this spring. Any tips? I love working with my hands too. I love restoring older motorcycles or scooters. Things that people have just thrown away and make them live again.

I used to be more of an indoor person but the past year or so I've been doing more things outside.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Knitting! Relaxing, creative, awesome for Scottish winters, and there are few feelings as good as producing something both useful and beautiful with my own hands. Sitting here in handmade socks and sweater, have another sweater just about finished at home. Need to buy more yarn. Only problem is, I've lost about two sizes since I started it!

I also do a ton of gaming, both video games and tabletop. Larping too. I'm also running a project to help prevent dating violence, which I guess counts as a hobby.

Larping looks like so much fun!

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Wow, those are some great hobbies! I'm thinking of getting into mountain biking this spring. Any tips? I love working with my hands too. I love restoring older motorcycles or scooters. Things that people have just thrown away and make them live again.

I used to be more of an indoor person but the past year or so I've been doing more things outside.

I'm not sure I'm a mountain bike expert, but I basically got a mountain bike and started biking. I'm one to just jump into things. I have some friends that have been serious mountain bikers for years, so I did go along with them. But I'd advise starting a little slower. I started biking in the mountains here on trails/off trails that were way above my skill level. But yeah mountain biking is awesome, I'd definitely recommend it. There's something really amazing about being outside, particularly in the mountains. I'm for sure a mountain person.

I'm famous in my family for something I said when I was like 5 years old. We were all together somewhere outside having a picnic and I was climbing a tree when a spider started crawling on me. I cried and screamed and announced to everyone "I hate nature". So it's a big joke in my family now that I'm the biggest outdoors/nature lover at this point.

I'm not sure I'm a mountain bike expert, but I basically got a mountain bike and started biking. I'm one to just jump into things. I have some friends that have been serious mountain bikers for years, so I did go along with them. But I'd advise starting a little slower. I started biking in the mountains here on trails/off trails that were way above my skill level. But yeah mountain biking is awesome, I'd definitely recommend it. There's something really amazing about being outside, particularly in the mountains. I'm for sure a mountain person.

I'm famous in my family for something I said when I was like 5 years old. We were all together somewhere outside having a picnic and I was climbing a tree when a spider started crawling on me. I cried and screamed and announced to everyone "I hate nature". So it's a big joke in my family now that I'm the biggest outdoors/nature lover at this point.

Yeah, I tend to jump into things as well. I imagine I'll get sick the first time by pushing myself too hard, haha. I have one friend that's a serious mountain biker but he's always really busy. I'm def a mountain person as well! I feel most at peace in the woods.

My family just doesnt know what to make of me I think. lol

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Me either. My whole entire family thinks I'm a freak for some reason or another.

I think mine thinks I'm not a "country boy" like almost everyone else in my area. I don't drive a big truck, I don't hunt deer. lol

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Is collecting hobbies considered a hobby? Seems a lot of people here share similar hobbies.

Mine in no particular order:

Photography (amateur at best, disaster more often than not ;) )

Mountain biking

Road biking

Reading

Electronics/hacking (programming and building circuits etc reverse engineering)

Drinking (yes it can be a hobby)

Learning new skills

Video Games although not much time for it these days

Cooking

Movies again not much time for it though

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I'm lucky to work doing my hobby. I work as external IT-guy :-)

Otherwise I like mountain biking.

I wish I did more of the following:

Photography

Parkour

Soccer

Bouldering

Video games

Hiking

Programming

Martial Arts

Actually I have Krav Maga on my 6-week challenge, so martial arts is about to get an upgrade in the priorities.

Parkour requires a higher physical base level, so maybe this summer :-)

- Gugi9000 (almost everywhere)

Using Tapatalk for iPad

I'm also contemplating a carpentry course - I made bookshelves a couple of years ago that do the job but are slightly wonky and I'd like to make good looking furniture one day.

My high school had and still has one of the biggest woodshop programs on the east coast. The things those kids churn out are amazing. Every year you get a few high quality pool tables, amazing hand carved 4 post canopy beds, and some great other furniture. It's useful, just a pain to get access to the tools if you're trying to do it at home.

edit:

My hobbies:

Video games (sports, shooters, rpg's)

Reading (fantasy, some sci fi)

Lifting Heavy Shit

Thinking of taking up kick boxing

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Awesome and me too! I'm bringing the NERD on this - I like making shaving brushes on the lathe, and small leather things as well (like wallets, etc.). I agree that it's wicked when you work on something with your hands and it comes out just right. I'm also starting to make the transition to bigger projects in the furniture and deco area as well :) My all time dream would be to build an outbuilding in the back yard and stick some CNC equipment in it...

Outside of this, I also like longboarding, surfing (whenever I can), design, and photography.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Mixing. Untz untz untz

Rugby. So sad that I'm off season right now :(

NF. I'm on here often enough ;)

Video-games. How else to justify my presence here?

Reading. Zomg Winds of Winter faklsdjg;sjdfg;jsdfgjkl;sdf

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!