Forums are back in action! ×

Legend of Zelda

;lkfgjjdfk;g;sd;;j; Skyward Sword for christmaaaaaas.

I'm a huge zelda fan though. I must wait another month to start this one though :(

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I LOVE ZELDA! I've said it a hundred times but the zelda tattoo on my arm should be proof enough. The nerdiest part of my Zelda addiction is my ocarina of time. I can play like one song on it lol. My favorite game of all time is OOT. I really want to play the new game but I will have to buy a wii to do so. So, it may be awhile....wow that was all over the place.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I've also been considering the possibility of buying a Wii just for this. I've heard very good things so far but I'm a bit of a traditionalist as far as gaming goes, not a huge fan of motion sensors and the like (give me a real controller!). Ocarina of Time is far and away my favorite game of all time, a lot of nostalgia and childhood memories to go along with it probably helps

OOT is the best, no doubt.

[story time]

When Wind Waker for the Gamecube came out, my brother and I had a US Gamecube (we're in Australia btw), but I couldn't wait for an import copy of Wind Waker, so I bought the local Limited Edition, which came with a copy of OoT and OoT Master Quest (same map, but dungeons are jumbled and the difficulty is amped). But! We couldn't play it on our US console. Eventually I bought a US version of the game, finished it (meh, not my favorite), and forgot all about the Aussie version with OoT... Untill this weekend when we found it! And it plays on the Wii! WIN!

[back to Skyward Sword]

So far the game is good, I'm not blown away, but its early. My Wii has sat dormant, gathering dust since I finished Twighlight Princess some years ago, and this game was the only reason I kept the console (but now I have another reason, see the story above). I gotta say though, I'm not a fan of the motion controls, and would rather just play with a normal controller.

aj_rock, you'll be all over it soon enough buddy! I loved playing Zeldas over Christmas as a kid :D

this_is_seth, when your buddy finishes and returns your console, he should lend you the game, then you can live the joy and the heartache too!

sumdawgtwigg, so, you playing the game dude?

lachy, no I don't have a wii at the moment. I lost interest in it right after I finished TP when it first came out. Now that the new game is out I want one again lol.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Yeah, the novelty of the Wii wears off pretty damn quick. I think this will be my last Nintendo. End of an era - I've owned all of them, from the NES to the Wii. The N64 was Nintendo's peak IMO.

Unless you can pick one up second hand dirt cheap (which could well be possible), it's just not worth buying just for a game or two. I've heard you can play Wii games with an emulator, "Dolphin" or something, but I haven't looked into it. Also, your interest in that may depend on your attitude towards piracy.

You are so right about N64 being the peak. That was honestly my favorite gaming area all together. My favorite games are all mostly from that time.

I'll probably just get one second hand since my computer is so old it couldn't possibly emulate one lol.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!