Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new, but excited!

Hey everyone. I'm really new here. I'm out of shape, eat a terrible diet and work crappy hours (retail management). Also, my wife refuses to do paleo with me. So, since the budget we're on won't allow two sets of food (not to mention she tends to be the one cooking), I guess I can't do paleo. But I intend to make every change I can and look forward to the help and encouragement I know I'll get here.

I also wanted to throw out a question. I'm REALLY late in the 6 week challenge thing obviously. But can I still get started with that? I excited to pick a guild and go to it with this thing!!

Hi! :D

I struggle with the paleo thing too. I'm lucky enough that my boyfriend said he would go for it, but he still doesn't understand quite what it is. He's just like "Meat. Good. Caveman. Okay". That said, he is also the pickiest eater ever. I do the cooking and grocery shopping, so I get the "two sets of food" dilemma. But I really think that there are really a whole lot of paleo recipes out there that if you just..didn't say it was paleo, no one would really know. :) Also, is there any way you could pack yourself some paleo lunches while at work?

But regardless, good luck! :D Here's to eating better and taking better care of yourself! It's fun!

(I don't know about the challenges though. I'm being a slacker and waiting up on that...)

Emily. 24. Level 2. Artist. Looking to lose 100 65 55 lbs!

Art Blog

"Your reality, sir, is nothing but lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!" -Baron Munchausen

Lose 100 lbs

45%
45%

Welcome, Sirius!

Don't fret about the paleo thing. You can be sneaky! Instead of saying "we should get this because it's paleo", try going for "I heard that *insert food item* is really tasty! Let's try it!"

The paleo diet is not about high protein (that's Atkins, I think). It's just about getting foods that are as natural as possible. The main restrictions are grain and dairy. Experiment with squashes. They are quite tasty and filling. Want pasta? Try spaghetti squash! Want wraps? Try cabbage leaves!

There are plenty of ways to go paleo without actually saying that's what you are doing. The best way to beat resistance is to sneak past it. ;)

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the advice as well. Like I said before, I'm just going to make the improvements that I can make. For example, eliminating anything to drink but water most of the time is something I've done (except for black coffee in the morning...I really don't see myself letting that go...). I just love this concept of Nerd Fitness. Making getting fit fun...who knew? Oh yeah, everyone here! :-)

Welcome!!  NF DEFINITELY makes fitness more fun!!

I think for the first challenge you should be in the recruit forum... after you've completed your first challenge, you can choose a guild?  We're in the midst of Week 4 right now and I don't see any reason why you can't jump in late and give it a whirl! :)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I know, I know I should go ahead and jump in...but I'm not going to right now. I went on vacation last week and totally screwed everything up. Horrible diet, lazy, etc. So, I'm going to start building some momentum now (start only drinking water, maybe start walking/jogging, maybe try starting the beginner bodyweight workout) and gain some ground to start the next 6 week challenge when it starts.