Forums are back in action! ×

New and prepared to change.

Hi, I'm new to this site as of today.

I'm pretty fit but could be so much fitter, I find procrastination so easy.

This is the only site I've found that falls in line with how my body feels without coming across as pompous and overbearing, there are good ways and bad ways of informimg people that they are on the right / wrong track, this looks like the right way, all the way.

I'm hoping to make loads of new friends along the way.

Trace x

Kudos for admitting it. I'm also afraid to fail. It keeps me sharp and helps me succeed. I realized one day that I am probably only going to live one life. I want to have happiness, adventure, excitement, love, family, health, etc... If I don't take a chance by putting myself at risk of failing, I may not enjoy these. I decided that I wanted these things more than playing it safe and avoiding pain. Pain makes you avoid bad things, but may also keep you from good ones. Use good judgement about the things that are important to you, and pursue them with passion and energy.

Everybody dies, not everybody lives...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Don't worry too much about failures. We all have them. Sometimes you gotta fail a few times to find the best way for you!

As for your goals, they don't need to be incredibly detailed, but "get fitter" is kinda vague. Do you mean, loose fat? Improve endurance? Gain Strength? Have a think about it for a minute. There isn't a right answer. But untill you know what you want to acheive, you can't work out how to go about acheiving it.

You can write it down here, you can start a work out log in the Battle Log sub-forum, you could set yourself a 6 week challenge and track it in that sub-forum. Or you could just keep it to yourself, and get ideas and ask questions around the forum as needed. We're all here to help each other :)

Howdy Trace! A good place to start (on goals) is the upcoming 6 week challenge. Come up with three fitness/health/diet goals to chase for 6 weeks. It's an easy commitment and could help you refine your longer run goals. I recommend posting your workout logs on a sub-forum as well. Making it public makes me feel more accountable, even if you are all imaginary Internet people. That in conjunction with other goal oriented threads helps me to get the most out of NF.