Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, all:

I am a 33 year old looking to change... pretty much everything. Getting back into fitness, trying to change careers (to game design, a challenge at any age, much less in the 30s...), trying to balance family, school, work, and gaming (HEY! IT MATTERS! Wait, I don't have to explain THAT here :D).

The goals I am working toward include primarily strength, but also speed, endurance, and flexibility. There is such a thing in fitness as having it all. The Greeks understood this, hence Socrates' famous edict, “No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.†I rank my priorities as follows:

1. Strength

2. Flexibility

3. Endurance

4. Speed

The reason speed is last is that, while it is good to have, if you just keep running longer than the other guy, you will catch him, not matter how much faster he is. Strength and flexibility, though, can help to prevent the chase in the first place.

I am planning on starting a Battle Log for fun and accountability until the next 6-week challenge comes up. Keeping in the spirit of NF and RLRP for this, I plan on actually splitting my logs into two parts. The first being a track of what I actually did, and the second an in character narrative of what doing that was like. I like creative writing, haven't done it in a while, and thought this would be a fun excuse to do it some more. We'll see...

If anyone is curious, I stole my race/class combo from LORE, a new(ish), free to download RPG that I have been playing lately. It is available from Game Face Publishing at www.gamefacepublishing.com if you are interested.

Bloodsong

Level 0 Gwilyte Bounty Hunter(Assassin)