Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

My name is Jeff (GIJoeDusty).  I recently turned 40 and while I am fortunate to have suffered no major illnesses or injuries, I can tell that my age is catching up to me.  My metabolism isn't what it used to be and I have put on some pounds over the last few years.  I can tell that it is starting to affect the quality of my life.  I want to have the athleticism and energy to continue to play with my kids, the longevity to see them grow into adults, and the ability to enjoy spending the next 40 years experiencing all that life has to offer with my wife. 

A friend told me about Nerd Fitness and another site (Mark's Daily Apple) and I started to get pumped up about making a change.  I've been eating paleo and hitting it hard for 2 weeks now and I'm actually down 10 pounds from my previous 6'0, 236lb size.  I'm excited and feeling better already.  I know the weight probably won't always come off that fast but I am really excited about the healthy lifestyle that I've started.

I'm looking forward to connecting with other rebels here and encouraging each other toward our goals.

Jeff