Forums are back in action! ×

Hello guise,

I'm Twigs. I'm a recovering anorexic who is much too caught up in stick-standards of beauty, while also desiring to be stronger. It's been a disastrous attempt and I'm starting to face the fact that training in BJJ while eating barely 1000 cal a day will result in complete failure. However, I'm not a big fan of powerlifting, and heavy muscle. If I plan on entering competitions, I need to stay around 115 lbs. (I'm currently 125 >.<)

Maybe I'm too ridiculous for this page.

My inspiration is a girl named Ayako Miyake (youtube video of her ninja warrior performance in link). She's a 5'1" 90b acrobat. At 5'4', I think 115 will be more than enough weight for me to be strong enough to pull and lift my body weight. 

I'm going to work on my own kind of superhero while Im here, and just sort of lurk and look for support.

Thanks y'all

Welcome! First, I have to say congrats on the recovery part; bucking off society's standards is not an easy thing to do. May I ask what competitions you're looking at doing- is that the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (forgive my ignorance)? 

That video is incredible. I'm working on upper body strength, but I'm a long way from being able to pull myself up a rope like she did in the final round. You're certainly welcome to lurk and create your own superhero- I think the majority of people on this site are one form or another of lurkers, supported by the bubbly, outgoing types that keep things running smoothly.

If I may, however, offer some advice, you might want to read the Intro to Staci post here on NF. "Powerlifting and heavy muscle" is rather a myth for women, and one that is needlessly limiting, in my opinion. I started doing bodyweight exercises in November of 2014, adding 10 lbs in January 2015, and am only now starting to glimpse hints of muscle definition and roundness in my arms and abs. On the flip side, I feel substantially stronger, and am learning to be happy with how my body feels rather than chasing a number or an image. It's not for everyone, but it's something to consider. 

Regardless of what your goals are, however, you are more than welcome here. Check out the different guilds, if you haven't already. I'm sure you'll find others working toward similar goals!

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current