Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Everyone!

My name is Desiree, but most people just call me Dez. I've been on my fitness/health journey for about 4 ½ months now and recently decided that finding a forum would be a great way to keep on point! I love motivation as well as motivating others!

My back story is that at 5'3" I was always under weight growing up. As an adult I slowly gained until I got to about 120lbs, however a few years later I needed medications that caused a massive unhealthy weight gain (65 lbs) due to the side effects. My doctor grew very concerned about my cholesterol levels. I was also smoking at the time and I just felt....wrecked.

The turning point was that although I had been playing ice hockey (goalie) for a few years, the weight barely came off and my performance was getting worse! I was becoming more prone to injury and finally last summer during what was an easy fishing trip, my back hurt so badly, I could barely function. I had bilateral sciatica. I knew I needed to change immediately. I started slow with chiropractic care and physical therapy, and once healthy began working out by lifting, yoga, and elliptical or treadmill sessions.

Currently I am at 143lbs looking to get to 125-130. I just ran my first ever 5k this weekend and I'm already looking up other runs! My ultimate goal? Just to keep being a badass....just with more muscle!

ETA: I have quit smoking! Lol. I have 1 year + some change ;)

• Like 1