Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone! 

I am a long-term NF reader but have just gotten around to joining the forum. I am a male in my mid-30s looking to make and maintain various improvements in my life and this seems like the place to start! 

A couple of weeks ago, I hit my all-time heaviest -- 185 lbs. -- which is a bit much for someone 5'7. I figured it was time to change and this forum, I hope, will be a part of that. I am down a couple of pounds since then, but am looking to get down to my 'fighting weight' of about 165 and to stay there. All while not giving up ice cream COMPLETELY...

What I like about the NF boards is that you all seem to be like a positive group of people that lack a lot of the snark and negativity that I see online (and in IRL), and a place like this can be a great support system. Although I love my friends, they aren't into fitness, so this could be a place where I can share in other's successes and failures and also find folks to help hold me accountable. So for me, the 6-week challenges seem rad.

As for what I do, lately I have been taking some Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes and doing some running/lifting. I love to bike, surf and skateboard, and am a wicked big history geek and movie lover. I am always on the lookout for new and fun things that won't get me injured since I am rather brittle. Unfortunately my superhero (villain) doppleganger is Mr. Glass.

I have a terrible diet so I am hoping to see advice on new recipes and just how to be more mindful about food in general. Unfortunately, I could eat pizza for every meal, every day. As a rule, it's if it's bad for you, I like it. 

If anyone else likes Scott Pilgrim vs. the World as much as I do, please let me know. (I love it). 

-Pat