Forums are back in action! ×

Overwhelmed... in the best way possible.

Hey everyone!

There's so much going on that I don't know where to start, but I am super stoked to be here!

A bit about myself I suppose:

I'm 25, live in the ever beautiful PNW (that's the Pacific NorthWest of the US, for anyone who's not familiar), I'm a casual nerd but very much into environmental science/engineering, and if you have a cat I will be your best friend. But more importantly, and the indirect reason for why I'm here, I've been accepted for a spot in the NOAA Corps! If you haven't heard of them before (and you probably haven't, they're not exactly well known), think US Coast Guard but with science instead of fighting. In fact, they are so similar that to train for this position I actually have to go through Coast Guard boot camp in a couple of months. And this, my friends, is the reason why I am here.

I had actually stumbled across the six week challange forums and thought that it would be perfect to get me ready for my training. But alas, my timing could not have been any worse, as they are already four weeks in the current challange. I shall wait patiently for the next one, and in the meantime will hopefully get involved in the rest of the forums.

I am working on losing a bit of weight, but that is not my primary focus. Instead, I am working on the three main aspects of the fitness exam I'll have to take: push ups, sit ups, and running. I've already made a lot of progress on the running (Z,R! FTW!) but I know I can do better. I'm also much too lazy with my sit ups. Bleh.

Although my friends are very supportive of my workouts, the ones who live close enough to join me don't really have the time to. And that's fine, I'm the one between jobs, not them. I hope that though the forums here I can build a network of support and buddies that will push me to improve and that I may do the same for them in return.

And now it is time for todays run! Until next time fellow rebels!

PS - I promise to get an avatar and signature up... soon.

• Like 1

[Currently training for the Hunger Games]

Captain's (Battle) Log • Challenge Log