Forums are back in action! ×

Mmmm you meals look so good! And beekeeping?? Awesome! My husband really wants to get some bees but we live in a subdivision, I don't think our neighbors would take kindly to it. Maybe someday when we have some land. A girl can dream...

Current Challenge

Major Weight Loss Goal- 117 pounds

12%
12%

Weight Loss Goal Current Challenge- 10 pounds

20%
20%

Walk to Rivendell

1.5%
1.5%

Mmmm you meals look so good! And beekeeping?? Awesome! My husband really wants to get some bees but we live in a subdivision, I don't think our neighbors would take kindly to it. Maybe someday when we have some land. A girl can dream...

That was my attitude until about a month or so ago! There's always some way to do it if you really want it :)

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Have you tried rucking?  It's basically walking, but with a weighted backpack.  It might be the exact hybrid that you need.  I keep reading this and all the ingredients are there: walking, sandbags, outdoors.  Throw in a quality backpack like from Sandpiper of California or even from a military surplus store and boom, you're rucking.

In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas.

Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

You either do it or you die.

Battle Log

Have you tried rucking?  It's basically walking, but with a weighted backpack.  It might be the exact hybrid that you need.  I keep reading this and all the ingredients are there: walking, sandbags, outdoors.  Throw in a quality backpack like from Sandpiper of California or even from a military surplus store and boom, you're rucking.

Sweet. I'll give it a try. I actually have a proper backpacking pack, and I'd like to do an overnight trip this summer, but I will need to train :) Rucking sounds perfect. 

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

If you do, I would YouTube some videos on proper rucking technique.  There are things like alternating tightening your shoulder straps and your kidney strap to redistribute weight to avoid fatigue, proper packing (ie heaviest on top, lightest on the bottom), and even the walking form (throwing your hips- trust me, it makes sense once you see it).  It's a lot of fun and very zen. 

In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas.

Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

You either do it or you die.

Battle Log

I just wanted to pop in to say out loud that you totally live my dream life. Reading your posts is like looking inside the secret want cave in my head.

XD

Keep up the tire slinging awesome work!!!

That's funny! I love it. 

I read your current Challenge Overview and you're kind of awesome. 

Also, I totes creeped your profile and you're living MY dream of being married with little 'uns. So there. I am (thus far) only a Mother of Cats... and Bees. Together, we're like some super perfect dream person. 

• Like 1

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Happy Weekend, Everyone!

Yesterday I did the first lookout of the Sendero Diez Vistas trail. It's about 400+ meters elevation gain (sorry, Americans, you'll have to Google what that is in feet). 

My legs were still SORE from the squats and such on Thursday, but after I started climbing, they actually started feeling BETTER! So I decided to go for it. The complete hike takes about 6 hours, so we just did the first lookout and then headed back down. 

11390360_10152927371578231_2944910434241

After the hike we found an outdoor pool and went swimming for an hour or so. I was sooooooo mellow after that. 

Then to cap off an awesome day, I met my bestie for dinner and Pitch Perfect 2! It was GREAT. I laughed so much. IMO, the story in the first one is better, but the second one is funnier. 

Sixth Ranger Challenge

ugh! Your pictures make me want to go on a vacation or whatsoever. But it is so cool when you have the outdoors to rely on. Where I live, I just have concrete, more concrete and OMG IS THAT TREE, environment.

Awesome work by the way!

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

ugh! Your pictures make me want to go on a vacation or whatsoever. But it is so cool when you have the outdoors to rely on. Where I live, I just have concrete, more concrete and OMG IS THAT TREE, environment.

Awesome work by the way!

Yes, I LOVE living in Vancouver. We all definitely pay for it, though. Vancouver is an incredibly expensive place to live.

I just Googled Rotterdam and looks like you've got some AMAZING architecture over there. Incredible. Looks like you have a couple of national parks within an hour's drive. That's not bad! :) Most of my hikes are about 30-60 minutes away. 

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Yes, I LOVE living in Vancouver. We all definitely pay for it, though. Vancouver is an incredibly expensive place to live.

I just Googled Rotterdam and looks like you've got some AMAZING architecture over there. Incredible. Looks like you have a couple of national parks within an hour's drive. That's not bad! :) Most of my hikes are about 30-60 minutes away. 

You should play LotRO :P Anyhow, for the parks we have to pay. And it is too far away.  I am quite busy with work and all. But yes I love my city. Though I miss the outdoors. 

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

You should play LotRO :tongue: Anyhow, for the parks we have to pay. And it is too far away.  I am quite busy with work and all. But yes I love my city. Though I miss the outdoors. 

I'm not allowed to play games. I get obsessed and become a no-lifer. I was SUPER into a MMORPG for a couple years and it ruined my health, so now I just don't. 

RE: "Quite Busy".... Steve says it all: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/26/priorities/

Sixth Ranger Challenge

I love Pinterest. 

I have an epic "In Case of Zombie Apocalypse" Board. 

On it, I have pinned this beauty:

11425147_10152932053753231_2335925629847

I'm a DIY type of girl. I like crafts. So I decided to DIY the crap outta this shirt. I bought a t-shirt at Value Village, some painter's tape, and my spray bottle of bleach.

BAM!

11251117_10152932054933231_9685420201695

MY HANDS SMELL LIKE BLEACH AND FAILURE! D:  WWWHHYYYYYYYYYYY?!!?!

• Like 1

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Yay Thursday! Thursday is Office Gym Day!

11055289_10152935257088231_3510799852136

This is our lovely rack:

11165302_10152935257078231_5364956812288

Last week I did deadlifts with bar only. Today I slapped on the 2.5s, for a grand total of 5 extra pounds LOL

I deadlifted. I scroffed. I slapped on the 10s. I cocked my head and thought "hmm." I slapped on the 25s. 

11406641_10152935257073231_1322067952369

Also, got this awesome workout shirt from Value Village:

11137181_10152935257068231_1591683227338

And I totes listened to AC/DC on the radio while squatting :)

I really want to try some rucking. Maybe I'll ruck on a beach, just to be extreme.

11427339_10152935258668231_8077341535099

Sixth Ranger Challenge

This is where I spent my afternoon:

10255689_10152940888848231_9028317923578

I saw a little black bear, which I at first thought was a large dog, but then realized was totally the wrong shape for a dog....

We also found a freshwater crayfish, some fish fry, and a frog. 

11147109_10153508690172384_7207241849565

Went to RenFest yesterday!

10440698_10152938987433231_5267590373386

Did some archery.... I was *terrible*... not sure why. I did perfectly fine the last couple of years! 

11536115_10152938987098231_4164644949720

This happened..... because of my lack of archery skills! I need an arm guard. 

11406823_10152938992753231_1690800114939

• Like 2

Sixth Ranger Challenge

All right, so here are the highlights of today's workout (I also did some bodyweight stuff, stretching, free weights blah blah):

Squats (reps/ lbs)

Warm-Up (bar only)

4 @ 45

Adding Weight to find Limit

5 @ 50

6 @ 65

5 @ 70

6 @ 75

Don't ask why some are 6 and some are 5... I have no clue. I was also talking/listening a lot and forgot to pay attention. lol

Deadlifts (reps/lbs)

Warm-Up

4 @ 65

5 @ 95

Adding Weight to Find Limit

1 @ 100

1 @ 115

1 @ 120

1 @ 135

1 @ 140

Issue: When doing squats, I have a strange pain right above my right ankle, on the outside (tendon?). Only hurts when coming up from the squat, and only on one side. I tried placing my feet in several different positions, and tried having my legs closer and further apart. I couldn't get it to stop. I am afraid to add more weight or do more reps because of this weird pain. Any experience/ suggestions? No idea what is causing it. I've never had problems with my ankles before. No injuries. It doesn't hurt now, only when coming up from the squat. Also, hiking is fine for me. And bodyweight squats are fine. It's only when I add weight. Grr!

Oh yeah, and I did like 6 push-ups today. I used to be able to do 3 sets of 10, and it's super sad that I got out of the habit and became barely able to do one. But I've been working on my arms again and it's making a difference! :) Yay push-ups!!! 

Here's a picture from a few years ago of me doing 5 push-ups for the first time:

251037_10151069879633231_2119324806_n.jp

• Like 2

Sixth Ranger Challenge