Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all, Im Demonhart (CJ)

I wandered into this pub because I was researching diet/workout info on the internet and ran across this site.  Im currently overweight pretty bad so Ill try to explain where Im at and where I want to get and maybe someone can guide me where I need to be.

Stats:

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 210lbs

Strength and Dex are both suprisingly low, as is endurance.  I am prior military and all of my previous time working out has been bodyweight training but I would much rather venture into weight/strength training but have had no formal training.

My goal is to have a good functional strength and agility.  I dont care to do parkour but would like to be able to be competitive in something like tough mudder or spartan race while still holding my own on the free weights at the gym.  

I was in great shape when I got out of the NAVY at 155lbs, and I feel like I am still 155lbs strength wise but Im carrying around 210 pounds.

I made a bet with my wife that I could get to <10% BF by our daughters birthday (9/17/15) and I think im at like 25-28% right now.  I have a lot of work but a decent amount of time if I make the right moves in the right direction.

Here are my short term goals: (6 week....getting a headstart on the next challenge ; ) )

Diet-100% paleo by the end of 6 weeks.  Today is the first I have researched it so I have work to do here.

Fitness

Run-1.5 miles in <15 minutes  (last recorded time before leaving navy was 9.07)

Pushups- >50 in 2 minutes

Pullups- atleast 10 consecutive (not sure I can do 1 right now)

I think if I achieve that Ill be on the right track but this is where I need help and support.  I have no friends who are even somewhat motivated and the gym I work out at is meathead central so there is very little support there.  Any advice is welcomed, and please forgive the formatting if its hard to read....I sometimes tend to have a negative INT modifier.

P.S. Im considering joining the academy but dont really see the benefit over the free forum and also I cant figure out what to do to create a character here.  Id probably say Im a half-elf Ranger (Naturally thin that has let himself get a serious ale-gut)

Level 0 Human Ranger
STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

Follow me here: (you will probably have to be my friend to view, just add me and say you are from here and well motivate each other)

Food Log: MyFitnessPal

Workout Log: BodySpace

Current Challenge | Waking the Demon

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Hello and welcome to the Rebellion!

First of all, resources and reading material:

Character Creation

Stats and Levelling

Setting up a challenge (current ends this week, next one begins June 8th)

Also, Rules of the Rebellion. Not mandatory stuff, just something to get you on the mindset of what we're doing round these parts

Reading your info, I'd stick with Rule #4, You can't outrun your fork. The reasoning is simple: Since you mentioned being overweight, dropping some weight should be your #1 priority before you get to the building strength/agility/endurance part. Since diet is 80% of weight loss, I suggest you start there. Meanwhile, you can start with some basic workout to wake up your body and improve your conditioning before delving deeper. This is stuff that's built over long periods of time. Just take it slow and easy; setting too high goals, making too sudden changes and expecting immediate results is a recipe for disaster.

In the long run, you will experiment and find what works out for you and what doesn't. My suggestion would be to look into Crossfit. It's effective, it's functional and it builds all the physical traits you're interested in. Plus I understand the big heads who started it have a special connection with the Army.

Once again, welcome and ask away for whatever you might need!

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker