Forums are back in action! ×

Been away a while, thinking of crawling back

So it's been just over a year since i last posted and i'm definitely lacking in the willpower department, i injured my shoulder skiing last feb and due to not letting it heal properly (and all sorts of random tightness that i'm struggling to shift) i've barely trained properly in the last year. I'm trying to get back into things and have done a few lifting sessions and a bit of jogging to get myself started again, getting there but need some sort of constant reminder to get it into my head properly.

The main reason for my continuos re-injuring/pulling of my shoulder is my superawesomesauce hobby HMB (Historic Medieval Battle) which is full contact medieval combat, which amazingly enough i'm not that bad at. i can't help but find irony in the fact that now i've found something to train FOR i seem to of lost my love of training (about a year and a half ago I was on my way to ranking quite well in the Fall Brawl/Midwinter Madness 'meets')

aaaaaanyhoo, this is HMB, the finals of the world champs (which i didn't get to go to :'( )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai4QQnIpIyk

this is my team in a competition in Feb where we steamrolled Slovakia in the first fights and came 3rd out of 16 (i'm the guy with the big axe and the GoPro on my chest chucking the guy at 0:19 and saving the day with rib shots at 0:26 :D )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEUV7OFIohs

and this is my baby :)

post-1924-0-07869000-1432203088_thumb.jp

Basically once i've shifted this lurgy/cold/body malfunction i intend on making myself awesome again and this is to remind me so please feel free to give me abuse if i don't succeed 

I'm honoured!... though ashamed, i'm awful with names tbh 

you'd think with me only being nearly 24 i'd heal a bit faster :/ hopefully this'll give me the drive/make me remember to work on them

No worries. I changed my name. ;) Hey, healing takes the times it takes. There's little we can do about that. Still, I'm looking forward to more stories of epic battles! :D

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.