Forums are back in action! ×

Mission: Take back my life!

Hi everyone!

I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to make an account. My main, overall goal is to lose 30-40+ pounds by the end of 2015/beginning of 2016, and just to get in better shape overall.

I haven't always had problems with my weight, but in my first semester of college (Fall 2010), I started gaining an insane amount of weight! I originally just ignored it and assumed it was the "Freshman 15", but by the end of my freshman year, despite eating decently and working out, I had worked my way up from being a relatively in shape 118 pounds, to an extremely fatigued 160 pounds. I'm not a fan of doctors, so I held off on seeing one until the middle of my sophomore year of college- my doctor ordered blood work, and I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, an autoimmune disease that inhibits proper thyroid function. I started taking the medication and by the beginning of my junior year I was feeling a lot more energetic and had lost around 10 pounds. However, during the beginning of my senior year of college (Fall 2013), another health issue popped up. I had been in and out of the hospital countless times from September 2013-December 2013; a test finally revealed the answer in mid December 2013- I was told that I have epilepsy. Even after diagnosis, the rest of senior year was miserable- between seizures and medication side effects, I didn't have the time or energy to work out or watch what I ate. I gained back all of the weight that I had lost my sophomore and junior years...

Now, a year and a half after being diagnosed with epilepsy, I am happy to say that I am 1 YEAR SEIZURE FREE and that my medication side effects are under control. I have lost a few pounds recently, but I am ready to fully take control back of my life.

TLDR- Health problems in college caused me to gain around 50 pounds. Now that I am medically healthier I am ready to take back my life.

-okapi

Level 0 Druid

"Live simply so that others may simply live."- Gandhi