Forums are back in action! ×

AquilaTheFlying's First Rebellion Post

Hey, I'm AquilaTheFlying, alternatively known as Dan. I'm a 29-year-old Hypnotherapist/Psychotherapist from Newcastle upon Tyne, in the North-East of England.

I'm father to a 7-year old girl, got a girl on the way and I'm stepfather to 13 and 16-year-old boys.

I've started here as I've made many attempts to achieve a high fitness level in the past but my efforts have always just sort of faded away, under the radar. I suppose I'm kind of hoping the extra accountability of keeping a log with all you lovely people is gonna give me that extra bit of kick up the arse.

I love Ubisoft: my favourite game characters of all time are Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Sam Fisher.

My ultimate goal is to get to 12st 2, or 170lb, with 5-8% bodyfat, whilst competently being able to fulfill all the physical fitness requirements of a Navy SEAL fitness exam a.k.a. BUD/s. 

That's all for now, I guess. I'm always willing to make new friends, and to chat if you need someone to lean on, or even if you just get bored and want some cognitive stimulation.

Level 1 Assassin Initiate

|0 STR|0 DEX|2 STA|3 CON|2 WIS|2 CHA|

"A city is well fortified which has a wall of men instead of brick." - Lycurgus of Sparta

Challenge 1, Goal 1: 6 weeks to 5K Uninterrupted run.

80%
80%

Challenge 1, Goal 2: 2x20 minutes of meditation per day, 7 days a week.

77%
77%

Challenge 1, Goal 3: No white sugar or flour, 6 weeks.

80.5%
80.5%

Hey Dan, welcome to the Rebellion. Being able to pass BUD/S training even just the physical requirements would be a huge accomplishment. One of my personal goals is to be able to pass the requirements for Delta Force.

One thing I feel the need to point out is that it's almost impossible to maintain anything less then 8% body fat and even if you could it problably wouldn't be very healthy long term. Just food for thought.

Appreciate the feedback! I heard a quote once somewhere, that went sort of like, "though the quest be unattainable, that doesn't mean you can give it up".  :peaceful:

I loiter around 10-11% bodyfat with absolutely no training anyway and have stuck at 8-9% for decent periods of time with very little, so I think I can at least get close. I always appreciate food-for-thought along those lines so keep it comin' if you have anything helpful, constructive or educational for me.

• Like 1

"A city is well fortified which has a wall of men instead of brick." - Lycurgus of Sparta

80%
80%

77%
77%

80.5%
80.5%

Wow. You have very good genes. I agree with you on not giving up just because something seems unattainable, but what I was trying to say is that very low levels of body fat aren't healthy for long periods of time. Professional bodybuilders usually get down to between 3-5% body fat for competitions and they're at their weakest then. Personally I would recommend getting to 7 or 8% percent and keeping it there. That's just my thoughts. Whatever you do is up to you and I wish you the best of luck in it.

• Like 1

I appreciate the input, fella! It's always welcome and appreciated.

• Like 1

80%
80%

77%
77%

80.5%
80.5%