Forums are back in action! ×

So I guess I'm not really new, because I've technically been a member for about a year. I just never got into the forums or challenges, and I haven't yet officially introduced myself. My name is Sarah and I just finished my first year of college. I'm really good about working out and staying active; I do crossfit, yoga, and occasionally play tennis. I hate running, but I'm trying to make myself enjoy it because I want to be a more well-rounded athlete.

My real problem is eating. My boyfriend is literally the healthiest eater I've ever met, so I always ask him to help me eat better, but I just don't have the motivation for it. I love sweets and soda too much, which I know is terrible. For the upcoming six-week challenge I'm going to try to cut soda out (for the most part.) WISH ME LUCK  :nightmare:

Also, hit me up if you're looking for an Accountibilibuddy (if that's spelled right at all) and you're into strength training and/or crossfit! I love squats, cleans, and deadlifts. The heavier the better  :victorious:

Oh also I'm in love with Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy. Han Solo and Peter Quill and Groot are my faves and I want to be Princess Leia.  :redface-new:

smbuckley23 | level 2 | Spartoi Ranger Recruit

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 5 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Becoming Princess Leia | Battle Log

"Be a force of nature"

Trying to cut out soda is hard but it can be done.  I drank 6-12 cokes a day for years, at least 30 years.  Wow.  When I write it out like that it looks really sad.  But oh well.  Look at me now - no sodas unless I'm at the movies (which is like once every 3-4 months)!!  I went cold turkey when I finally was ready to be done with it but I'm old, I'm a parent, I do all the shopping... Trying to go cold turkey while you are in college might be asking too much (I think that's about the time my habit started.).  You might want to join this ongoing PVP challenge to get some support:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46965-ongoing-the-no-soda-pvp-challenge-are-you-nerd-enough/

Hang in there!  Drink lots of water!  Crystal lite packets can help with the transition!

• Like 1

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

Trying to cut out soda is hard but it can be done.  I drank 6-12 cokes a day for years, at least 30 years.  Wow.  When I write it out like that it looks really sad.  But oh well.  Look at me now - no sodas unless I'm at the movies (which is like once every 3-4 months)!!  I went cold turkey when I finally was ready to be done with it but I'm old, I'm a parent, I do all the shopping... Trying to go cold turkey while you are in college might be asking too much (I think that's about the time my habit started.).  You might want to join this ongoing PVP challenge to get some support:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46965-ongoing-the-no-soda-pvp-challenge-are-you-nerd-enough/

Hang in there!  Drink lots of water!  Crystal lite packets can help with the transition!

Thanks a lot! I've already found a decent replacement that still has caffeine in it (because I don't like coffee.) It's called Spark by Advocare and I love the fruit punch flavor. It's also got lots of vitamins and stuff in case you're ever in the mood to try something new!

smbuckley23 | level 2 | Spartoi Ranger Recruit

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 5 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Becoming Princess Leia | Battle Log

"Be a force of nature"