Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for accountability

Hello! New here as of today. I'm a homeschooling mom of 2 girls and wife to an awesome (and already fit/hot) husband just trying to get in shape. I have 100 pounds to lose to get into a healthy weight range I'm 5'7" and over 260 pounds. I've tried so many different things, and nothing has stuck. I'm sure you've heard this same story before. Mine is probably no different, except I'm here! Asking for help! I am easing into a paleo diet, but still eating some dairy occasionally, and I have cut out all grains and white sugar. The first two weeks of paleo-ish eating I lost ten pounds. That was 3 weeks ago, and I've been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds since (partly due to letting the diet slide more than I should). So I know I need to 1) add in more exercise (besides very occasional walks and playing in the yard with my girls); and, 2) have more accountability. I know mostly what I need to do and how (ish) to do it, but I'm just missing the motivation and accountability. I don't have aspirations of becoming a fitness model or anything like that. My big dream (that seems unattainable now) is to be able to powerlift. Not competitively or anything, but to be able to DO it because I CAN. For now my realistic goal is to strengthen my body so I can function better on a day to day basis (I'd love to be able to get up and down off the floor and play with my girls without huffing and puffing!) I'm so looking forward to making new friends, new habits, and gaining a better body in order to have a better life! Cheers!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Major Weight Loss Goal- 117 pounds

12%
12%

Weight Loss Goal Current Challenge- 10 pounds

20%
20%

Walk to Rivendell

1.5%
1.5%

Pfft, dream it, plan it, do it :D 

Has your research yielded any powerlifting gyms in the area? Go check them out, no better accountability than doing something you absolutely LOVE :D 

Also, where do you find yourself slipping on paleo? Dessert, breakfast, dinner....snacks? 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

There's one Cross Fit gym, that's the closest thing I could find, but it's 30 min. away, pretty pricey, and no child care :/ Right now I'm just focusing on my body weight workouts and really enjoying those, but maybe someday when we pay off some debt I can afford that place!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

12%
12%

20%
20%

Walk to Rivendell

1.5%
1.5%

There's one Cross Fit gym, that's the closest thing I could find, but it's 30 min. away, pretty pricey, and no child care :/ Right now I'm just focusing on my body weight workouts and really enjoying those, but maybe someday when we pay off some debt I can afford that place!

Keep an eye out for specials, those things go on sale all the time. If hubby is on board maybe you can switch off on the kiddos and share a membership. Bodyweight workouts are a FANTASTIC place to start either way, REAL tricep push-ups are still the arm exercises that just destroys me every time. Any routine you have your eye on? 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Oh that's a really good idea with the specials, I will keep my eye out for a Groupon or something! Hubby is definitely on board but he works full time, goes to grad school full time, and is in the National Guard. He has a lot on his plate already, but if we could work it into our schedule (maybe after his toughest semesters) it would definitely be doable. Right now I'm just doing the Beginner Body Weight Workout, replacing push-ups with tricep dips and doing side planks instead of regular because I have a diastasis (ab separation, so no downward pressure on the abs). I also really like just using resistance bands and kettle bells. We have a Bowflex that doesn't get used much because it shares space with the playroom, but I could also incorporate that after a bit of practice, I'm sure. (I would have answered earlier but I reached my post limit for the day after I posted, ha!)

Current Challenge

12%
12%

20%
20%

Walk to Rivendell

1.5%
1.5%