Forums are back in action! ×

Intro: about me

Hey all,

I've just recently turned twenty and my name is Peter. Verin has been a long time online name for me and has seen use from random forums to world of warcraft and MW3.

Anyways i stumbled onto NF about a week ago. When i found it i knew this is what i've been looking for. I've always wanted to get in shape and build more muscle. I'm 6'1 and weigh 165 so i am really really lean. I posted in the off topic section originally about how to deal with the end of a 4 year relationship which ended this week. (she left me, it was long distance... details details... woe is me) enough of that. Anyways i wanted to say that i read the "It will never be" article first before even going anywhere else and that article had a big impact on me. Since then i've read all the success stories of Spezzy and Saint and i can't help but be wowed. My hat goes off to both of you guys.

So my goal besides getting my head back together is to build muscle. So if i could get some tips in that direction it would be most appreciated. I do not have a gym membership yet because i am starting school in January (i transferred schools and haven't done much for a semester) I live in Ontario Canada and will be attending Guelph university. I felt trapped about my situation there despite having friends and excellent marks so i put in my transfers said my goodbyes and dropped out. I got picked up quickly for the winter semester at a school (guelph) where one of my closest friends is at and the school that i felt suited my needs best. They have kickboxing classes which i plan on signing up for immediately.

Besides school, i'm studying for the LSATS, writing a book, and continuing to play video games.

Anyways that's really all for now.

Welcome verin :) good to have you with us. Presumably your new school will have gym facilities? Untill then maybe look at some body weight exercises to get your muscles conditioned, and getting you in the habit of regular exercies routines. But as you probably know, if you want to gain weight, you gotta eat for it!

Like ETF said, looking forward to hearing about your progress.