Forums are back in action! ×

Need to loose half of me...

Hi,

This is really a re-spawn for me, however the first run out of the gates was a bit of a false start.  

I am successful IT professional, mother to a young daughter and run a busy household, include 1 dog and 2 cats.  All of which I do without breaking a sweat (most of the time), however when it comes to me and my weight I struggle with the motivation past a few weeks and it makes me mad at myself.

This time I am trying a few things new: So as well a the Palaeo eating plan and the beginners exercise plan, I am trying listening to a hypnotherapy track before bed and writing a daily journal to try and keep myself focused.

The daft thing is if I could harness some of my professional gumption to my weight loss targets, this wouldn't even be an issue..  As it is a have to lose half my body weight to be in the "normal" range..  I am not using that as my goal because to it too big a chunk (pun intended) to go at all in one go.

Here is the not so sunny British isles with use stones and well as pounds in our weight measurements, so I am using the stone markers as milestones..

Things I could do with help/ advise on:

1) How to no get derailed by my husbands emotional eating pitfalls (had a bad day/ want pizza)

2) Combat people who thing my eating plan is stupid and against all mainstream nutritional advise

3) Not getting lost in my own head, I am my own worst enemy and beat myself up when I don't achieve what I think should be possible.

Amimae :onthego:  

Hi, Welcome to the Rebellion, or welcome back as the case may be. It don't matter if it's a respawn or your first goal we're glad to have you here. Journal keeping is a great practice. I'm coming up on finishing my first year of it.

The advise I can give is,

1. Encourage your husband to deal with stress and negative emotions in a healthier way. Other than that just stay strong and ride it out.

2. Screw'em. Not much more to it than that.

3. If I knew how to do that I'd be in much better shape.

• Like 1

Hi Animae, I can only say that we do what we always did and will always do that. When suddenly you want to change an aspect of your life, your habits don't care. They just want to keep doing what they know how to do; eat whatever, train whenver, just get through the day and try to be as happy as possible.

That is why trying to loose weight is so damn rough! You need to plan everything and have your guard up to prevent falling into old habits.

Pick one habit, work really hard changing that one habit.

The only habit I conciously managed to change is drinking water.

If I could, you MOST CERTAINLY can!

Stay strong.

• Like 1

Amount of what you have to give in order to succeed.

The Adventure Awaits...

Instagram