Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all, my name is Mike. I am 5'10", 26yo and currently 260lbs.

I've been working out since the end of October doing Stronglifts 5x5. My obscure goals are to stop being weak and stop being fat, in that order.

Current short term goals are 225lbs+ on Squats, 275lbs+ on Deadlifts, and 185lbs+ on Bench. I should reach these goals late January, early February. I put a + on all of those because after I reach those goals I want to keep going for a little more pure strength training and then start doing more conditioning/endurance/GPP work and focus more on weight loss. And I'm okay with losing some strength doing that, but I don't want to go lower than those numbers.

On the nerd side I am a huge Star Wars fan and have read most of the extended universe books, preferring books about smugglers and bounty hunters to the new jedi stuff. Han Solo is my favorite character.

Welcome! I can't say that ever "met" anyone else who'll admit to reading the extended universe stuff. I've read all of them except whatever has come out in the last year or so, I just can't justify $8 for a paperback any more. I really like conditioning/GPP work, I'm not an expert, but I don't think incorporating kettlebells into your workout should cost you strength.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Well...I'm not from Georgia, but I'll say welcome nonetheless! :tongue: Great goals, and diet will probably play a part in the weight loss part too. There's loads of good stuff around in the forums, and feel free to ask if you have questions!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)