Forums are back in action! ×

German Redhead about to get sweaty

Hello everyone!

I discovered the Rebellion yesterday and thought I'd introduce myself :)
I'm 28 years old, live in Germany and have been a couch potato pretty much all my life. I used to play badminton on and off, I tried running around the age of 18, I went swimming regularly for a while but nothing really stuck. So these days, I spend most of my time on facebook, youtube, 9gag or whatever kills time most efficiently. I've always been happy with my body (except for the usual self-criticising of things I would never even notice in other people) but I've steadily put on weight over the last 10 years or so. It's not that bad, but when I recently stepped on the scales (which I don't do often) and noticed I was close to 70 kg (at 1,68 meters with my personal ideal weight being 58 kg), it came as a bit of a shock. But it's just numbers, right? So last weekend I was on vacation with friends, the weather was great, we were in a fun mood, there was lots of board gaming and eating and talking and laughing and I came back in a pretty happy state of mind. Until I got back home and looked at the photographs one of my friends had sent around. I look fat. When I sit, my belly protrudes farther than my boobs. That's not okay!!! :D

So, I decided I want to change. Yesterday, I took photographs (which are awful to look at), I took measurements (and discovered I made it to 70,5 kg), I got out my boyfriends rowing machine (because it's the only piece of fitness equipment available right now) and actually managed to row 5 minutes without taking a break on my second try (which means I didn't manage to do so on my first. or third). I decided to ditch sugars and white flour from my diet. I went on a 40 minute walk/run with the Zombies! Run! app first thing this morning. Which is huge for me, I usually dodge going for walks, if I can get away with it. I didn't think I'd ever be proud of sweat stains on my shirt, but I am. I actually sweated through the back of it :pride:

Anyways, I know there's much to learn yet. I want to figure out a good training plan. I want to set smart goals for myself. I definitely want to get a better running playlist ;) I want to change the way I think about doing sport and staying fit and healthy (I just went back and changed all the "I need to do xxx" to "I want to do xxx" ).

There's also the fact that I want (and need) to get a better/second job - working two days a week just doesn't get the bills paid. So that's the main prioritiy right now, otherwise I won't be able to afford equipment or join the academy (it sounds fun and the gamification might be just what I need - I know badges and leveling up gets me hooked).

Thirdly, I want to focus on my music. I sing in a choir and take singing lessons and that money is only well spent if I acutally practice at home.

So, that's it for now. I'm looking forward to getting to know you, to learning more, to getting back in shape and getting better pictures on the summer trip next year!

Cheers,

Briniel

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

All I read was 9gag and I was happy :P Anyhow welcome! 

Do visit the challenges forum. And start one! And let us know how we can help.

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

One of the main reasons I stopped in. :D

*Raises hand in shame*

Me too.

Welcome to NF, you'll find plenty of support and excellent advice here. It's a great community. I'll echo what DarK_RaideR said, you've arrived at a great time to join the Recruits and create your first challenge. It's a great way of staying motivated and coming up with a solid plan for yourself.

• Like 1

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Haha, I knew that line would get your attention :tongue: Thanks for the warm welcome!

I just posted in the challenges-board, what do you think? http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/66941-briniels-first-ever-challenge/

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to this, but I feel like I'm finally taking a step in the right direction. Go me! :D

• Like 1

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1