Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, my name is Pam, I'm 25 years old, and have been pursuing fitness for about 4 years after losing my youthful metabolism and gaining rather a lot of weight.

Bit of background: I was never into sports much in school, I tolerated it for as long as was compulsary and then was glad to see my last gym class. I was briefly in the army cadets (2.5 years I think) and also tolerated the mandatory exercise requirements for that. After that I managed to maintain a slim figure despite awful diet (worked in various fast food chains in late teens) and zero exercise, until I was 20. I had not long joined a roller derby team at this point (first form of sporty activity since school) but an injury co-incided with the metabolism loss and poof, goodbye flat tummy, hello podge. Since then I have joined and left a few gyms (got one I like now) but I've never had much success.

I still play roller derby, but I'm far from being as fit as I need to be, I'm not very fast, I'm not agile, I rely on my strength, sturdiness and tactical knowledge, but at the rate this game is increasing in athleticism and competitivness I need to up my game.

The most success I've had in the last 4 years was when I simultaneously started the paleo diet, commited to at least 2 gym classes a week, plus derby twice a week, and gave up alcohol. I dropped from 92kg to 76kg, but it was a difficult lifestyle to maintain, and I gradually let things slip, first food, then my gym changed its schedule and evening classes became overcrowded, and then I went back to the pub, and now back to 92kg.

I currently do a good range of classes at my gym, weights, box fit, circuits, yoga and a stretch/foam rolling session, plus 4 hours of derby training a week. My diet is meh, sugar is my downfall, in drinks particularly, I like juices, sweet tea and coffee, fruity cider etc. I'd like to get back onto a paleo/primal diet,

Goals are to get to between 20-25% body fat, I'd say right now I am roughly at 40% (im going by this chart) , build core strength, increase general fitness and stamina, and fit into a certain pair of jeans.

Thanks for reading my rambles!

Pam

• Like 1

Goals!

Lose 15% Body Fat | 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 -11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15

Cardio - Skate 30 laps in 5 mins | 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30

Core - Plank for 3 minutes | 1 - 1.25 - 1.5 - 1.75 - 2 - 2.25 -2.5 - 2.75 - 3

Welcome! It sounds like you have a good workout routine, I'd say focus on diet.  You can only change so much at a time, and that's what's most important for weight loss anyway.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath