Forums are back in action! ×

Hey from Alabama

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Matt I teach high school AP Chemistry & AP Biology

Last year in Jan, the 19th to be exact, I started attempting to lose all of the weight I have put on after getting out of the Army in 1990. When I got out of the Army I was 220 lbs at the heaviest. Fast forward to last January, and now I am 352 lbs and feeling really bad. My knees hurt, my back hurt, and I just had it.. decided know more. So the wife and I got an elliptical glider as our gift to each other but with the promise we would use it. So cleaned up my diet somewhat and then tried to dong cardio at least 5 times a week and started tracking things using SparkPeople.com so now I am 63 lbs lighter than I was but I really want and need to get down to at least 230 and it close to the same shape I was in while I served in the Infantry.

So that is me and glad I found this place and all of the cool things you guys have going here.

A belated welcome to the boards... that profile pic holds very found memories for me, just saw it :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask