Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! My NF name is Cleatorus, same as my WoW handle, and I am working on my second challenge. I would consider myself a Mountain Dwarf type at 4'11" and 167lbs. I am looking to be a warrior/ranger hybrid for strength and stamina. I want to be an adorable nature-loving, hiking, gardening person as well as a strong self-sufficient badass. I have let depression and stress eating keep me from living a healthy adult life. I used to play ITG/DDR constantly to keep in shape but after getting married and having a child my dance game routine has fallen to the wayside. I feel that my depression has gotten worse as a result of my unhealthy life. I work as a patent assistant at an Intellectual Property law firm so i'm at a desk all day. Luckily, we have a free membership the the Sport&Health downstairs! I used to get embarrassed even thinking about going to the gym but thanks to NF i've found the courage to go in on my lunches tu/thu/sometimes fri. I have been using the beautiful riverside park outside of my office as a place to run or just get moving under the sun. I have been getting into hiking and gardening as outdoor activities to be more active without scaring myself into being inactive again. I joined NF to be accountable to like-minded, accepting, individuals and to reach my lifestyle/weightloss goals.

A summary:

Current favorite music: Blues/indie rock

I enjoy a lot of different types of music...from Drum and Bass (current favorite: camo & krooked) to alternative hip-hop (c fav: Deltron 3030) to pop (c fav: Marina and the Diamonds) and the list goes on. Sorry Country fans, I got burnt out on country in my early years. 

Current favorite game: Transistor or Hearthstone

imo, Bastion is better than Transistor but i'm not done playing Transistor so i'll give it a run through before my final verdict.

The games I cycle through: Castlevania: SOTN, Pokemon, BlazBlue, MvC, MvC2, Spyro series, WoW, Skyrim, ITG/DDR, Bastion, Minecraft...I think those are the main ones. Of course there's the massive steam library of my husband that'll I might maybe one day get around to looking at.

Current favorite book: Ready Player One by Earnest Cline

Much loved books: American Gods by Neil Gaiman, The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop, Hobbit & LoTR, and many many more...

I am a Disney nerd. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty & the Beast but the one I watch much more frequently is my feel-good go-to Mulan. The Pebble and the Penguin deserves an honorable mention, even though it's Don Bluth and not Disney.

I like Halloween. A lot. I am obsessively getting into veggie gardening and chicken raising. I have collected, but do not anymore, pokemon plush and video game figurines. I am hoping to find a local D&D group to join. I haven't played before but I would like to start! I will be starting school back up in August to finish my law degree. I would like to do public interest law and do some good in this world, help someone, protect someone, be super without the super powers!

maz0qb.png

And thus, here I am, Cleatorus. 

Nothing is older than yesterday  | Inspired to be better by my baby girl  |  DPS in game and IRL  

Main Goal: 205lbs to 170lbs Current: 180lbs

Daily Battle Log

Welcome!  I am a ranger with warrior tendencies :)  I love being outside and being versatile in my workouts while keeping on a weightlifting schedule. I love the feeling of being stronger! Super jealous of your free gym pass, aaaahhh!  What a nice benefit, definitely use your 20 seconds of courage and keep getting in there. What kind of workouts do you like the best?

I have a BBC Radio 1 mix from Camo & Krooked that is my favorite thing ever.  I wish I could remember how I got my hands on it (soundcloud maybe?) but they are awesome! ^_^

Keep fighting the good fight! :D

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Welcome aboard, the veggies and chicken raising will help a lot with eating clean. Sounds like you have a good system set up, keep it up and you'll be amazed what you can do.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome!  I am a ranger with warrior tendencies :)  I love being outside and being versatile in my workouts while keeping on a weightlifting schedule. I love the feeling of being stronger! Super jealous of your free gym pass, aaaahhh!  What a nice benefit, definitely use your 20 seconds of courage and keep getting in there. What kind of workouts do you like the best?

I have a BBC Radio 1 mix from Camo & Krooked that is my favorite thing ever.  I wish I could remember how I got my hands on it (soundcloud maybe?) but they are awesome! ^_^

Keep fighting the good fight! :D

Hi Shaarawy!

I prefer more leg heavy workouts because im a baby and my core is weak as heck. I like lifting, rowing, dancing, hiking and squats/lunges...but anything close to a crunch or oblique exercise has me scared. I'm actually working on trying to improve core strength and any suggestions are welcome!

Is it the mix where they sample AC/DC Thunderstruck? That was my workout mix for quite some time!

Thanks for the encouragement

----

Thank you Tanktimus! I use a service, hometown harvest, currently to get locally grown produce (no time to go to farmers market) and the drastic difference in quality made me want to start my own veggie garden. I have some past experience raising chickens and am looking forward to starting again. 

Nothing is older than yesterday  | Inspired to be better by my baby girl  |  DPS in game and IRL  

Daily Battle Log

Alexandria! Part of our health benefits include a free membership to the gym and I seriously love the people there...even if i'm not the best about going.

Ah, my company has a building in CC and there's a S&H downstairs! 

I go to the Lakeforest S&H really a great facility. Also, you're local you should hop on over to the local meet ups group for the DC page :D

(Also, I'm a fellow Halloween aficionado, anything Halloween/fall/pumpkin spice related will get me over excited and make me speech turn into tiny screeches- A NF meet up for Oct is DEF something on the list :D

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I will definitely have to hop on over to the meetup page! 

Glad to know of another Halloween fan. For me, the best part of Halloween is the chance to be creative and whimsical in a new way. Halloween themed Disney stuff? I have to have it! 

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log