Forums are back in action! ×

Nice to meet you - I`m Kapibara

Hello!

My name is Kapibara ("Kapi" for short). I`m a lady in her twenties and I`m here to get skinny.

I`m not fat and I never have been, but I`m currently bigger than I`ve ever been before, as far as I can remember, and I don`t like it. I got food poisoning last summer and lost a TON of weight (from skinny, to skinny <3 ) and it took a couple of months before I started seeing any of it come back. So, at first, I thought my little belly-bump was just me returning to normalcy, but recently I put on my favorite skirt and it BARELY FRIGGIN` FITS.

I mean, I can fit into it, but instead of giving off the fancy professionalista vibe I bought it for, it now says, "I have three sugar daddies and I`m looking for one more.*wink*" And not really in a good way.

On top of that, I live in a country where it`s not considered rude to casually mention somebody`s weight (or strange to casually respond), where diets are a common conversational topic, and where skinny people are EVERYWHERE because genetics, etc. And all of that goes for both women and men.

It doesn`t seem to be taking its toll on anyone born and raised here, but I`ve gotten super conscious of everything I do since getting here, and in trying to blend in with the culture, I`ve also started trying to blend in with appearances as well. It`s called assimilation and it`s normal, but it`s also come with a bad side effect in my case - and that side effect is issues with body image.

I`ve never had them before and they suck. I mean, I knew that they sucked before I had them, but now I know that they suck. I`ve done a lot to try to change my mindset, but now that I can`t wear my favorite skirt without looking like a certain gardening tool minus the `e,` I`ve basically said screw it.

I have no idea where I`m at or what I`m doing, so I`ll be asking a lot of questions at first, but I plan on starting today and doing my best to keep up with it. I`ll probably be a bit of a devil until I get used to things, but luckily, you guys are on the other side of the internet, so I can review my rants before I throw them at you!

That being said, let`s be friends. I don`t think I can help you out just yet, but hopefully I`ll get to a place where I can in the very, very near future.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Well met, Kapi!  I've had "body issues" all my life, having been obese as a child in the 60s.  BUT.  Issues are issues, and when we say we have "issues," we all know it's not necessarily a GOOD thing, right?  "Issues with" body image. 

Tombo of Endor has two words for you:  FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH.  (And "functional" begins with FUN.  Doesn't that just sound ... fun?)  If you want a better kind of gardening tool :) to hang that skirt on.  As for me, my long term goals are to 1) keep the adipocytes at a minimum and 2) my lean muscle mass at a maximum. 

I discern that you differentiate your "its" from your "it's."  This is wizardry!  Are you a good witch or a bad witch?  :)

May the Force Be With You!

--Tombo

Human ... Guinea Pig

"Discovery requires experimentation."  -- Dr. Werner Reinhardt, HYDRA.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/67455-legio-ix-aux-equus-albus-ludus/

Hai Kapi,

Welcome to the NF. I know how annoying it is when things barely fits. I used to have a nicely tailored suit. And now it is all gone. :/ I got so mad. And lol devil. :D

Do enjoy yourself and have fun! If you have any questions do shoot them this way. Or start a challenge :D

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

ola!

It's good that you got aspirations, and that you are taking in considerations in what you are doing as you're making a plan! Ask away, I'm sure a whole lot of us can help! :D

I know the feels. I lost a couple of shirts and pants because I'm growing a belly. :(

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa