Forums are back in action! ×

Hey!

And that's it?!

Not really ;-)

I've been lurking around on the NF-site and forum and I thought it was a good idea to introduce myself.

I'm a twenty something year old female web designer & front-end developer. I live in Belgium and i'm currently on a journey to lose weight and most of all fat.

I'm 5'8" and and the combination of heels and my long legs make it less visible that i'm actually a bit overweight.

I've tried a few diets in the past but wa all know those aren't for the long haul and the weight came back on and on and on…

From the beginning of this year i've been trying to find a healthy lifestyle for myself in terms of nutrition. I love food, i live for food. Starting a food-blog is actually still on my to-do-list.

I also love cooking and if i can't cook and eat the delicious foods i like because of dietary restrictions i lose my motivation. So I've been experimenting with recipes and finding alternatives for all the delicious foods out there.

I hardly ever get takeout, I'm not a sweet tooth and i buy fresh foods and cook everything myself so I know what I put in my mouth. I've cut out sodas and drink mostly water and tea. 

After failing and failing and again failing I've finally found how much calories i can eat to stay on the same weight. Having a desk job means no activity at all and it's time to change all that, so the next step is of course exercising.

I don't like sports and i don't like doing them on my own, but rescue on his way. My boyfriend is moving in with me next month and he's very much into weightlifting and already goes to the gym 3 days a week. So I'm planning to go with him and get rid of all the extra fat that has been so hard to lose. He'll be my motivation to keep going, even if that means an occasional crack of the whip :-p

So I already said I love cooking and i see it as a hobby, my other hobbies include drawing (just doodling, no fancy art-stuff), reading and a little bit of gaming. I love reading fantasy books and i must admit that I'm a bit of a potterhead and I've also recently started rereading the entire series :-D 

I'm not a huge game fanatic but i have a weakness for the lego games for xbox 360 (currently replaying lego Harry Potter… what else ;-) )

I guess that includes my 'hey' and I hope my journey will come to a good end.

My battle log:  BeaVer's fat-losing journey

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

Lose 12kilo - 26lbs (1% = 120grams, 1kilo = 8,3%)

21%
21%

Welcome to the rebellion. You already have a huge head start by cooking all the time. All you really need to do is tweak what you buy before you cook and you'll be all set.  It's great that you have a supportive boyfriend who will help you with fitness. May I suggest you start the beginner body weight work out now so that when you start lifting in a month it will be a little easier?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Ugh. Belg :P If you drive like one hour from Antwerp you'll be in my hometown :P (North)

Awesome! You can have you boyfriend push you to your limits and you can achieve what you want.

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

Ugh! Breng wafels :P I have a customer in Antwerp, where we go every to once a month. And we stop at the station for wafels with white chocolate :/ I love them :( 

• Like 1

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

Rofl. Blasphemy! Ugh if I wasn't on this diet I would drive to it, to get some. :(

• Like 1

Ugh! Breng wafels :tongue: I have a customer in Antwerp, where we go every to once a month. And we stop at the station for wafels with white chocolate :/ I love them :(

When I saw she was from Belgium my first thought was waffles but I didn't want to assume or stereotype.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

When I saw she was from Belgium my first thought was waffles but I didn't want to assume or stereotype.

Lmfao, just do it. I wouldn't mind if you would do it at me. Well depends on. Sometimes it gets down right insulting.

• Like 1

Lmfao, just do it. I wouldn't mind if you would do it at me. Well depends on. Sometimes it gets down right insulting.

Okay, I gotta ask, what is the deal with Heineken? They advertise it over here like it is God's gift to brewing, and to be honest I don't care for it. Is it that big a deal over there?

Well Tanktimus, if you assumed that you can find waffles in Belgium everywhere? than you are soooo right :tongue:

I wanted to let you be the one to bring it up ;)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Okay, I gotta ask, what is the deal with Heineken? They advertise it over here like it is God's gift to brewing, and to be honest I don't care for it. Is it that big a deal over there?

I wanted to let you be the one to bring it up ;)

Heineken is a Dutch company, so kinda the pride of the nation. It does well world wide. I believe they are active in a lot of countries under different names. I am not much a of a beer drinker. The beer I drink, La Trappe, or Duvel are all Belgian beers. Apart from that I like whiskey most (single malts).

In my profession I have learned that everything is horrible, but if you advertise it right, it becomes awesome.

Heineken is a Dutch company, so kinda the pride of the nation. It does well world wide. I believe they are active in a lot of countries under different names. I am not much a of a beer drinker. The beer I drink, La Trappe, or Duvel are all Belgian beers. Apart from that I like whiskey most (single malts).

In my profession I have learned that everything is horrible, but if you advertise it right, it becomes awesome.

Oh my god Shakeel, La Trappe is not a Belgian beer… it's Dutch! 

I prefer a good white or rose wine but lately i switched from wine to caipirinha, but with a gin base instead of cachaca :-)

• Like 1

My battle log:  BeaVer's fat-losing journey

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

Lose 12kilo - 26lbs (1% = 120grams, 1kilo = 8,3%)

21%
21%

Oh my god Shakeel, La Trappe is not a Belgian beer… it's Dutch! 

I prefer a good white or rose wine but lately i switched from wine to caipirinha, but with a gin base instead of cachaca :-)

They brand it here as good Belgian beer :/ Trapist :/ Eew. Jupiler is Belgian :D

Yes, it is a Trapist-beer, but it's one of two that are brewed outside Belgium :tongue:

And yes, Jupiler is Belgian and its our Heineken and its waaaaaaay better ;)

Lol I agree :D Jupiler is way better :D

• Like 1