Forums are back in action! ×

Starting Roller Derby - Give me all your names!

Figured you guys would be the best people to ask, with your wealth of knowledge and exceptional taste in all things nerdy.

There is a very new roller derby league recruiting fresh meat in my home town, and I'm pretty much set on joining when registration starts in a week and a bit. Which means I need to come up with a super awesome, funny, punny, witty and snappy name to create a persona to channel while I'm learning to become a super wheely pro.

Possible relevant interests / life things that could be referenced for names include;

all things yarn (knitting and crochet)

LOTR

GoT

Star Wars

making coffee

waitressing

console gaming

yoga

pokemon

The only things I've come up with that are remotely good so far are;

Tippy Headonn (like tippy hendren, I get related to often because of my hair... Also I'm quite wobbly on my feet, haha!)

Pixie Dustup (also hair related... what? I get lots of compliments. xD)

But I kind of want my inner nerd to show through. xD

KGO!

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Hmm... Didn't think of using types of tea! Hmm...

Here's a few more I've thought of today;

P.S.I (personal space invader)

Psi Kick!

Tilly Kinesis

Ash Crushem

(haha, pokemon took me on a tangent there)

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Hmm... Didn't think of using types of tea! Hmm...

Here's a few more I've thought of today;

P.S.I (personal space invader)

Psi Kick!

Tilly Kinesis

Ash Crushem

(haha, pokemon took me on a tangent there)

Those are good names too, especially Tilly Kinesis. I still really like Oolong the Destroyer. Just sayin.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hahaha, Pokemon is awesome, good stuff :D

Actually, a colleague of mine came up with what is probably the best for me today;

(note my last name, Stoney)

Rolling Stoney.

So I'll probably go with that. xD

Another one Mr. Tea came up with today;

Graze Anatomy

Stonie

They/Them

Tilly Kinesis

Rolling Stoney.

Both of those are great.  I personally think Tilly Kinesis is better, but I ain't the one joining the roller derby!  

Also, why not use Teagarden?  It'd keep it simple to remember, and if anyone asks about it, you have a built in reason to plug NerdFitness.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Welcome to roller derby :D I've been playing since 2010, my name sucks though, but I've had it too long to change it.

• Like 1

Goals!

Lose 15% Body Fat | 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 -11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15

Cardio - Skate 30 laps in 5 mins | 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30

Core - Plank for 3 minutes | 1 - 1.25 - 1.5 - 1.75 - 2 - 2.25 -2.5 - 2.75 - 3

Both of those are great.  I personally think Tilly Kinesis is better, but I ain't the one joining the roller derby!  

Also, why not use Teagarden?  It'd keep it simple to remember, and if anyone asks about it, you have a built in reason to plug NerdFitness.  

my IRL social circle would question teagarden too much and I'd get all nervous and uncomfortable... Rolling Stoney is obvious if you know me and easy to explain if you happen to not know my surname :P Tilly Kinesis also has a great ring though, it was probably my favourite before Rolling Stoney. xD

Khal-Sleezy

Smitten Mitten

Uruk-Chai

Knit Bit

Ole G Wan

Darth Shawl

I dunno. Any good leads?

All of those are awesome xD I figure if any other derby newcomers stumble across here they might find something they like also. 

Welcome to roller derby :D I've been playing since 2010, my name sucks though, but I've had it too long to change it.

Haha, aww, what is it?

My skates arrived today! Talk about baby giraffe. xD Still refusing to back out so registration next week is what I have to tackle next. I'll get to see the others training as well which will be interesting. 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Haha, aww, what is it?

My skates arrived today! Talk about baby giraffe. xD Still refusing to back out so registration next week is what I have to tackle next. I'll get to see the others training as well which will be interesting. 

Its "Sins n Needles", my excuse is I came up with it when I was 19 and derby had a very different atmosphere back then...

Don't worry about being wobbly, loads of people are like that when they start. Our new skaters are in their 14th week and they are already scrimmaging amongst themselves!

• Like 1

Goals!

Lose 15% Body Fat | 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 -11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15

Cardio - Skate 30 laps in 5 mins | 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30

Core - Plank for 3 minutes | 1 - 1.25 - 1.5 - 1.75 - 2 - 2.25 -2.5 - 2.75 - 3

my IRL social circle would question teagarden too much and I'd get all nervous and uncomfortable... Rolling Stoney is obvious if you know me and easy to explain if you happen to not know my surname :P Tilly Kinesis also has a great ring though, it was probably my favourite before Rolling Stoney. xD

All of those are awesome xD I figure if any other derby newcomers stumble across here they might find something they like also.

Haha, aww, what is it?

Feel free to spread those around. I just want a cut off wherever money is made on merchandising. :)

• Like 1