Forums are back in action! ×

Hoping this time things stick.  I'm Beastie and I'm guilty of having lofty aspirations and not enough patience. Short of my fiance getting his act together over a really complicated situation, I'm staring the twilight days of my six year relationship in the face. In the past six months I've had brushes with homelessness, resurgence of disordered eating and having to learn how to take care of myself.

It's not all dour. I'm two weeks out from my learners permit test, I have a real job for the first time in my life and I'm basically in prime position to slingshot forward. 

5'8", 28. 271lbs. Right now the Victory Condition is : 3 squares that aren't absolute dreck and cutting soda.

Aside from plan to prepare a grocery budget, I've got no idea how to prep for this other than instead of trying to do diet and exercise at the same time, I am simply going to focus on diet.

Race: Qunari Profession: Rebel Level: 1

STR 1 | DEX 1 |STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

I have found that simple tricks like preparing my meal for work the night before or leaving my debit card at home has helped a lot when it comes to eating unhealthy. If I make myself something healthy the night before and leave myself no option then I have no choice but to do the right thing. Sometimes the closest I get to making something healthy is just a baggie full of peanuts and sunflower seeds and a chicken breast, and i take a multivitamin and snag an overripe plum or banana from the kitchen (i work at a hotel that throws these away, a unique and cost effective status effect). I know this isn't the perfect way but I am just getting started to so I am trying to think of creative ways to make the best out of my own situation. I even check the garbage at work that I know has only been there for a few hours when nobody is looking because people tend to frequently throw away good whole foods. Dabblin' in freeganism I guess, but it's better than a $4 pizza at the gas station that does little but subvert my goals and raise my blood pressure. This community is such a fun way to learn about fitness and really embrace it; create your character and become your character. I wish us both the best of luck. May we meet right before the final boss and combine our skills to perform a secret attack! Welcome to the rebellion! Chaaaaarge!

-Avitus Xenoi-
Race: Ascending Kitsukan
Class: Recruit
Level:1
STR: 2 | CHA: 1 | | STA: 0 | WIS: 3 | CON: 2.3 | DEX: 0

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Welcome to the rebellion. You certainly have a lot on your plate right now. I think you have a good idea starting small. You can do this, we are here for you.

Thanks for the support. I'm gonna try and be active on here for a change lol.

I have found that simple tricks like preparing my meal for work the night before or leaving my debit card at home has helped a lot when it comes to eating unhealthy. If I make myself something healthy the night before and leave myself no option then I have no choice but to do the right thing. Sometimes the closest I get to making something healthy is just a baggie full of peanuts and sunflower seeds and a chicken breast, and i take a multivitamin and snag an overripe plum or banana from the kitchen (i work at a hotel that throws these away, a unique and cost effective status effect). I know this isn't the perfect way but I am just getting started to so I am trying to think of creative ways to make the best out of my own situation. I even check the garbage at work that I know has only been there for a few hours when nobody is looking because people tend to frequently throw away good whole foods. Dabblin' in freeganism I guess, but it's better than a $4 pizza at the gas station that does little but subvert my goals and raise my blood pressure. This community is such a fun way to learn about fitness and really embrace it; create your character and become your character. I wish us both the best of luck. May we meet right before the final boss and combine our skills to perform a secret attack! Welcome to the rebellion! Chaaaaarge!

Charge, indeed! I've lucked out in that my places of work we have a minifridge in the building I work in. One step at a time, right?

It's been 5 months and a lot has happened. Fiance got his act together and things genuinely seem to be better. I got my license and a car. I dented my car door. Coming around to the idea of maybe being an adult is more than doing whatever I want in some blaze of self-indulgent glory and being a person is more than cleansing myself of the influence of toxic, abusive people.

A lot of false starts, aggrivated by a not entirely stable living situation - but the beginnings of great things start small. Right now it's making myself go to sleep so I can work out before work - which is far harder than it sounds.

• Like 1

Welcome back!

You're not the only one who's had false starts. The important thing is that you keep trying! About the sleep thing, there are lots of tips online. The most common one is to turn off all electronics and hour or so before you go to bed to help you relax.

Doing a stretching routine before going to bed can also help you get relaxed and ready for sleep.

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

CW - discussion of ED Recovery

Checking back in.  

Sleeping has been kind of awful, I've been really stressed out about my impending move and I between that and the plumbing in the house I am currently staying with going haywire, its been hard to relax.

I'm coming to the end of my visits with my therapist and as a homework assignment, she wants me to prioritize taking care of myself. So with great effort, I have to address this food thing.

I like food. Food is delicious. I have been so poor that I have had to borrow money from friends and fundraise in the internet to get groceries. I've managed to make it two years on my terrible feast or famine habits and I can feel the change in my body. The depression makes it hard to cook, so things are kind of a mess.

As it stands, I'm looking at startng a slimfast regimine - it's cheap and I can get into the habit of eating something instead of going from 1200 calorie days to 2500+ days with no balance. A tempory solution, but hopefully i can get my body used to eating at regular times and move on to something aprroximating real food.