Forums are back in action! ×

200lb DEADLIFT! OOOOH YEAAAAAH!

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

Last night I was in a bad mood. Had the workout of my life and decided that i was going to deadlift 200lbs. So i did it. twice.

Maybe not a miracle to you but I've only been lifting 135 before that. so yeah. I feel fantastic.

Guest guest4729

BruceMacInness: Pickin' girls off the floor like it ain't no thang since 2011

Bahahaha. So true, so true. Just think of all the ladies you could dead lift, bench press or otherwise with your new skillz.

Guest Snake McClain

Marvelous!! Particularly for someone who was having back issues!!

Believe me. I was pretty stoked. I was really looking forward to it because I really was only getting back pain the first couple times in. Then it all went away. I am in less pain than i've ever been in my life. love it.

Gratz on the big jump Bruce.

Thank you thank you. I just decided that if i was supposed to be doing 1x5 and not 5x5 i'm going to go do it. and seeing a bunch of girls deadlift more than me was getting to my ego. lol

Awesome! Bad moods do wonders for workouts.

Yes. yes they do.

I can feel the muscles poppin'... way to go Bruce...

Believe me. When i put it down I wanted to jump up and yell i was so happy...but i couldn't.

BruceMacInness: Pickin' girls off the floor like it ain't no thang since 2011

that would be about the ONLY way i pick girls up. i gots no skillz.

Bahahaha. So true, so true. Just think of all the ladies you could dead lift, bench press or otherwise with your new skillz.

How about these ladies see me deadlifting then they can come talk to me? lol

Thanks for the congratulatory words guys. You're the best!

Guest guest4729

that would be about the ONLY way i pick girls up. i gots no skillz.

How about these ladies see me deadlifting then they can come talk to me? lol

Chances of a lady coming up to you to talk to you are slim to none - you should know that by now. Most women aren't that forward and most always think "I'll let him call/text/message me FIRST 'cause I don't wanna be the first one!" Hence why women are stupid in many cases that relate to dating. I'm a female and I don't even understand them most of the time.

Also most ladies won't talk to men at the gym because they're sweaty and icky. I normally go straight home and shower versus sticking around to be all sweaty around people. Ha.

And when I say most or make generalizations just remember that this isn't ALL of us doing these silly things. Just some of us.

Guest Snake McClain

well i agree most women aren't forward. and to be fair that would make me nervous too. i'm a wreck with women. it's why i'm single. lol

Wait...women don't like sweaty men? Is that what I've been doing wrong all this time....?

Not like i'm going to the gym for dates. Quite the opposite. i go to the gym to be left alone. i also just shaved my beard from no shave november into some biker style handle bars. Also keeps people away. I've never had so many nervous nods in a gym in my life. quite funny.

as Daniel Bryan (aka Bryan danielson) said, "Only two kids of people don't have beards. Women. And CHILDREN! I'm a man so I HAVE A BEARD!"

Wait...women don't like sweaty men? Is that what I've been doing wrong all this time....?

Yeah, that's why I don't sweat when I work out...[LMFAO track on]I'm sexy and I know it[LFMAO track out/]

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Guest guest4729

well i agree most women aren't forward. and to be fair that would make me nervous too. i'm a wreck with women. it's why i'm single. lol

Not like i'm going to the gym for dates. Quite the opposite. i go to the gym to be left alone. i also just shaved my beard from no shave november into some biker style handle bars. Also keeps people away. I've never had so many nervous nods in a gym in my life. quite funny.

as Daniel Bryan (aka Bryan danielson) said, "Only two kids of people don't have beards. Women. And CHILDREN! I'm a man so I HAVE A BEARD!"

Well...technically women DO like sweaty men, it's all in their brain chemistry and the hormones that you sweat. They've done some very interesting studies on it such as this: Smell of Sweat May Arouse Women

Some other really interesting videos to watch would be: The Science of Sex Appeal

Also, I lol'd at the nervous nods and biker style handle bars.

Guest Snake McClain

Well...technically women DO like sweaty men, it's all in their brain chemistry and the hormones that you sweat. They've done some very interesting studies on it such as this: Smell of Sweat May Arouse Women

Some other really interesting videos to watch would be: The Science of Sex Appeal

Also, I lol'd at the nervous nods and biker style handle bars.

I've actually heard about this and the pherimones (sp?). But still....

and yes the handle bars have my friends all making fun of me. *hangs head* To be fair they are pretty ridiculous. I think the combo of the handlebars and faux hawk are working for me though. I'll keep it through Christmas then decide if I'll keep it for a while.

Guest Snake McClain

Yeah, that's why I bought stetson cologne to get with the ladies as a teenager. Didn't work so well...

Oh yes! Stetson. My mom bought me some for christmas when i was a kid (my mom is VERY country) and i wore it. ugh. I can't imagine at all why it wouldn't work...

Guest guest4729

Oh yes! Stetson. My mom bought me some for christmas when i was a kid (my mom is VERY country) and i wore it. ugh. I can't imagine at all why it wouldn't work...

I now have a strange urge to smell this cologne...

awesome job, bruce macbadass.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Guest Snake McClain

I now have a strange urge to smell this cologne...

Don't. It's not worth it. lol It's pretty rough. "Black Panther. 60% of the time it works EVERY time."

awesome job, bruce macbadass.

Thank you mama T. thank you very kindly. :D

Awesome! Bad moods do wonders for workouts.

Also, workouts do wonders for bad moods!

Congrats on the DL! Freaking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Last night I was in a bad mood. Had the workout of my life and decided that i was going to deadlift 200lbs. So i did it. twice.

Maybe not a miracle to you but I've only been lifting 135 before that. so yeah. I feel fantastic.

Woo! \o/

Now I want to test my 1RM for deadlift again...

It isss pretty awesome when lifts no longer bring on back pain :)

Also: have not seen any guy attempt to pick girls up at the gym that did not end up looking like a d-bag. When you see the same girls outside the gym though... well it makes a nice ice-breaker :3

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain

Woo! \o/

Now I want to test my 1RM for deadlift again...

I do too. I'm actually convinced that if I had not worn myself out with 5x5 of squats, push presses, and Bbell rows i could have done more. But i'm quite content with this as I felt i was really forcing myself to watch form and be careful not to mess up. So this is good for me.

It isss pretty awesome when lifts no longer bring on back pain :)

Also: have not seen any guy attempt to pick girls up at the gym that did not end up looking like a d-bag. When you see the same girls outside the gym though... well it makes a nice ice-breaker :3

I (as usual) agree with everything you just said. *nods*