Forums are back in action! ×

Fired Up - But missed the starting gun

Hey... name's Sean. Have a loving wife and 4 kids. I am 41yo, 6'2" 272lbs: computer nerd. Lot's of daily sitting.

I was biking in the earlier part of the year with a goal of 3000 miles by the end of the year.  I got pretty far into into it (was a little behind, but mostly on track with the 250 miles a month).  Then I started drinking a little bit more beer... travelling due to work and life... started missing rides.... it started getting hotter.  Yep the excuses started piling up.  So it has been a month since a ride happened, and that was already a month after stopping for the most part.

Was on a 1740 calorie a day diet for the past three months (myfitnesspal), but that started including empty beer calories too... and over the past few weeks has gone up to the 2K level, which I stopped tracking altogether about a week ago.

So I decided yesterday to jump back into some kind of program.  Figured I would do P90x again since I have the equipment at home.  Printed out the Lean program with a DVD ready for the morning tomorrow.

I don't have food sorted out completely, and diet is where I fell over on P90x the last 4 times I started it and didn't see it through.  So in looking for "to paleo or not to paleo", I found this community.

Looks fun.  I would like to participate, but not quite sure what to do.  Guess join a guild or something?

I have to get to the store right now to at least pick up something that will give me higher protein for the next couple of days until I get my diet sorted out.  I look forward to chatting with you.

Sean