Forums are back in action! ×

So I hear you like to lift things. I'm pretty lifty myself...

Hello, my name is Meg. I am a bit of a nut, but psh, don't worry about that. I stumbled across this community when someone linked the blog post about Spezzy. I must say I was totally in awe and completely inspired. I had gone through something very similar, i.e. losing a large amount of weight but also ending up on the other side tired and weak. I've been doing heavy weight training for about a month now, and I absolutely love it. I've made some great strength gains and I feel much better. Spezzy made me realize how far I could go with it, and inspired me to always go all out and lift as heavy as I can.

I'm joining this community for a sense of comradery. The only person who I have to talk about my fitness with is my husband, whose doing the same work out routine I am. He's a wonderful man, but he can only hear me gush so much. (Although he was amused at my jumping "karate" kicks on the way home from the gym today when I bench pressed with the actual bar for the first time.) Our other friends are... Not yet ready to accept fitness into their lives. Much to my dismay. But I try not to pry. Too much.

So, for my intro, I like to show this little progress montage I've been making slowly over time:

Posted Image

My stats:

Height: 5'7"

Current Weight: 135-137

Highest Weight: 225

Time elapsed: A year and a half

Bench Press Max: 50lbs

Dead Lift Max: 105lbs

Squat Max: 105lbs

Row Max: 40lbs

Over Head Press Max: 30lbs

Current Routine: http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

Current Fitness Goal: To do a pull up and a body fat percentage of 17% (Currently around %20)

Nerd Stats:

Main game: World of Warcraft (4.3 is pretty great)

Main hobby: Knitting

Area of Expertise: Film

Nerd Goal: To be fit enough to cosplay High Inquisitor Whitemane at next BlizzCon. (My husband wants to go as Mograine.)

So, hello! I hope to have fun here and learn some things as well as teaching a few things. :)

Welcome! We like nutty, nerdy, lifty gushers so you are IN LUCK!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Guest guest4729

Oh.my.freakin.gosh. You are SO adorable. That outfit in your most recent picture is absolutely adorable as is the outfit at 165/154. Your sense of style is super cute and reminds me of me a little bit. I'm glad to see you progressing so well, I wish you the best of luck on here! :D

I really love this dress. I got it at Ross for like 16 dollars. My cousin said I should call it a "dreader" because it's a dress-sweater.

I am very glad you posted where you got this dress, because I was about to ask. You beat me to it! I LOVE it. Except... nooooo, I just looked it up and there is no Ross in Massachusetts. No wonder I've never heard of it. :( I will covet your badass dress from afar.

Anyway, that is an insane amount of progress. You are awesome. Welcome!

I never thought I would say this but I am actually kind of glad to see other ladies with glasses. Anyway congratulations on your weight loss. I have lost around 45-46 pounds myself in the last year. At my highest I was 237 pounds (at the balance scale at the Y weighing myself in the evening). I am now 191 according to the waist high balance scale I got at Goodwill for $5. I actually cheked its accuracy using a ten pound hand weight and found it to be accurate. I am working on losing another fifty pounds or so. One of these days I will post pics of my progress.

I am very glad you posted where you got this dress, because I was about to ask. You beat me to it! I LOVE it. Except... nooooo, I just looked it up and there is no Ross in Massachusetts. No wonder I've never heard of it. :( I will covet your badass dress from afar.

Anyway, that is an insane amount of progress. You are awesome. Welcome!

Ross is like a store that gets surplus and resells things for cheaper then they would go for in the normal store, so Ross isn't the brand. They always have a bunch of variety, but it's really disorganized and hard to find anything there. But it makes great finds really great because they're so cheap and generally kind of rare. :) I bet they have something like it in Massachusetts.

I never thought I would say this but I am actually kind of glad to see other ladies with glasses. Anyway congratulations on your weight loss. I have lost around 45-46 pounds myself in the last year. At my highest I was 237 pounds (at the balance scale at the Y weighing myself in the evening). I am now 191 according to the waist high balance scale I got at Goodwill for $5. I actually cheked its accuracy using a ten pound hand weight and found it to be accurate. I am working on losing another fifty pounds or so. One of these days I will post pics of my progress.

Congratulations! Remember to weigh yourself first thing in the morning for a consistent reading. Also I highly recommend taking progress pictures just for yourself. It can be really hard to see progress in the mirror because it's so slow, but when you look at pictures side by side it can really amaze you.

And thanks to everyone for your warm welcomes and encouragement! :D