Forums are back in action! ×

I've been trying to loose weight for about a year, and it hasn't worked, so clearly I'm doing something wrong. I like yoga, lifting and I would love to try running again. I'm undecided what class I should be.

As far as my nerdy side, I'm in love with middle earth, star wars, anime, reading, gaming, and I'm a whovian.

So, uh, hi.

Yea I was thinking rangers might be a good fit.

I'm terrible about not eating junk, and I need to go to the gym more often.

When I had a good gym schedule I was lifting and doing cardio (stationary bike) 3x a week. Then I started going with my husband and he gets annoyed when we're there for more than a half hour, which has made me gain. *sigh*

I'm pretty terrible at yoga, and running. I mostly enjoy lifting, but I just use the machines at the gym because I don't know proper form and i don't want to injure myself. I'm still trying new things to see what I like.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have blog posts about proper form. The machines are the Empire (there's a blog post about that as well).  Now, this is an important distinction, but even though you are terrible at some things, what do you like?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Ok then, clean up your eating, do yoga, and find a kind of running you like.  Replace "I'm terrible at ______" with "I'm just starting out at ______ and will be awesome in time."  That's been part of your problem I'm guessing. If you're anything like me you won't let yourself get enthusiastic about something till you're already good at it. Take it from me, that is self defeating. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath