Forums are back in action! ×

You know you're a fit nerd when...

I've just been thinking of these situations that only fit nerds get into, thought it made kind of a funny joke.

You know you're a fit nerd when you have to tell your guild leader that you absolutely have to leave raid at 9 because the gym is only open until 11.

When you think of your lifts as daily quests, and new break throughs as achievements.

When you look at video game characters and think about what kind of exercises it would take to get into said "mode". ("I'd need to do more squats to be Chun Li mode...")

When searching for the right weight in the weight room, if it takes a long time, when you find it you have the compulsion to lift it over your head and make the "dah dah dah dah!" noise from Zelda.

If you fail at an exercise you think "epic fumble!" Or if you're struggling, you buckle down for a "saving throw".

I'd love to hear any you guys can come up with! I don't have many friends that intersect between nerdy and fit, so I'd love to hear how the two come together for you!

When searching for the right weight in the weight room, if it takes a long time, when you find it you have the compulsion to lift it over your head and make the "dah dah dah dah!" noise from Zelda.

I didn't do this before but I'm most certainly going to now.

Mine: when you're doing a high rep set (like say 21) and you start counting in percent done instead of number of reps

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Mine: when you're doing a high rep set (like say 21) and you start counting in percent done instead of number of reps

I thought I was the only one that did this. I do it when I run (not very often now) and by the time I've go it figured out, I'm usually a few percent closer.

The other thing do while running is hum the chocobo race music for FF7 while I run.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Me too. Or to figure out my pace and additionally figure out how fast I should run the rest of the way to hit my goal.

- Gugi9000

Been there, done that. Constantly converting between MPH and minutes per mile...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

when you hear the FF7 victory song in your head when you hit a PR.

This as well as seeing cloud spin and sheath his buster sword.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest guest4729

You know you're a (fit) nerd when...

...you hum the "Rocky" theme while running.

...you legit thing of working out as leveling up.

...you equate working out to grinding.

...you outfit yourself with new "gear", not new clothing.

...you think about all the good times when you used to play "(insert name)" awhile back.

When doing speedwork/track workouts, coming down the last stretch and digging deep to maintain your pace and you hear this in your head:

Gold Five: Stabilize your rear deflectors... Watch for enemy fighters.

Gold Leader: They're coming in! Three marks at 2-10!

Gold Leader: It's no good, I can't maneuver!

Gold Five: Stay on target.

Gold Leader: *We're too close!*

Gold Five: Stay on target!

Gold Leader: [shouts] Loosen up!

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

When you look at video game characters and think about what kind of exercises it would take to get into said "mode". ("I'd need to do more squats to be Chun Li mode...")

I'm not ashamed to say that I've done both of these things.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!