Forums are back in action! ×

Pat G's battle log. Hammer Bros workout.

Tobacconist won't be getting a visit.

Wed 01 Aug

Squats: only warmup sets of 20kg, 60kg.

OHP @ 60kg: 5, 5, 4.

Deadlift: @60kg, 100kg, 110kg. Easy as pie.

Now, footlong subway and protein/instant coffee shake for lunch.

*nom nom nom nom nom*

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Friday 03 Aug

Squat: 1x5x50kg

Bench: 3x5x87.5kg grind grind grind for the last 2 reps of last set, maybe 5 or 6 seconds to lock out.

Row: 3x5x62.5kg First set pronated grip, wouldn't have lasted for entire getup.

Curlz: 12x40kg, 70s big weekly challenge

foods: footlong sub + protein slurp

Mon 06 Aug 2012

Squats: 3x5x85kg. May be relegating this to 2x a week.

OHP: 3x5x57.5kg. Still such an unco breather, gasping out inbetween reps or on the negative.

Deadlift: 5x60kg, 5x100kg, 5x115kg. Tally ho. only issues were no AC, therefore some headspins.

Food: leftover pork sausages, chicken breast + peas and corn + Protein slurp.

Wed 08 Aug 2012

workout 1*

Cleans: 3x5x62.5kg. Watching the knees, i think it may be more the power focused quad dominant nature of this exercise causing the soreness.

Bench: 3x5x90kg. Ok... worked through fine, till my phone rang midway through set 2 and i nearly dropped the weight. An "emergency call" from work meant i had to return ASAP.

ROWS: not done see above ^

training to be completed tonight.

Food also brought to you by the sandwich toaster in my office. Who knew you could cook an omellete in there?!?!?!?!

Queries from my boss, but he's used to my cooking shenanigans now so its all good. I have to walk past his office every time i hit up the fridge or other food things.

Twas 4 eggs.

Friday 10 Aug

Squats: 29x50kg. For the Warrior week 1 challenge, not to capacity but close.

OHP: 3x5x60kg

Deadlifts: 60, 80, 100, 120kg.

Food: Chicken schnitz + meatballs + Ribena (i feel like a kid again)

Peace.

Pat's straight pimpin the Warrior Guild. I wonder if there are any ulterior motives for this...

gotta get "the best of the best SIR" in and on it. Sif Rugby Union isn't the most warlike sport out there at the moment.

The dude's a total BAMF...

LOL. i wouldn't go quite that far LW.

note: i ate gloriously on Sunday lunch, mates birthday, 500g tbone steak + baby brocolli + sweet potatoes + 2x phat cheeseburger leftovers from my daughters.

Mon 13 Aug 2012

Squat: 3x5x87.5kg. Easy as pie

Bench: @90kg: 5, 5, 4. Held the fourth rep too long before starting number 5... dagnabit.

Rows: 3x5x65kg. First set done overhand, no impingement from the shoulder, just weaker.

Foods: Roast beef + roasted veg + shake.

Haha Katsratch, maybe if you shrunk me by 20cms or so, then i'd be burly at my current mass. But i'm still a stick.

Wed 15 Aug 2012

Squats: 4x5x90kg PIECE of pie, slightly sore afterwards, worked in sets with another guy, so bit more rest than usual, making gym mates ftw :P

OHP: 3x5x62.5kg. Surprisingly easy instead of the grind i'd imagined.

Deadlift: 125kg working set overhand.

Some NOOB stories for laughs for the valued readers. Tried warming up with overhead squats just using the bar. Had a bit of a hysterical laughing fit inside the squat rack when i realised It was all i could do to hold the bar out properly before even squatting, wobbling all over the place.

Misloaded my work set, left 10kgs off one side, took me 3 reps to figure out why the right side was so much harder to get off the floor.

I know what you mean about the overhead squat. Once or twice I've tried to feel it out with just the bar and I'm wobbling all over the place! I quickly racked and went back to my back squats. I've done the misload, but it's apparent to me before I squat usually as soon as I unrack I think that ain't right.

You know why squats and OHPs were so easy? Because I was working out at the same time!

Friday 17 Aug 2012

NO squattee

Chins: 4, 4, 3

Pulls: 2 lol

Bench: @90kg: 5, 5, 4. Refuse to be frustrated, Wednesday will come soon enough.

Cleans: 5x3x65kg. Every 3rd clean included a press/jerk. Smashed me out of the park. NO idea how you crossfitters do that quickly without tearing your shoulders off.

Wolfing down my sub like its a box of Popplers.

They were no where near strict presses. If you ever get the urge, try clean and jerking 60Kgs 30x for time. They call it "Grace"

Sat 18 Aug 2012

2k distance completed in 14:35

Walked a couple hundred meters in the 2nd kilometer, mostly due to not controlling my pace properly. Ended up with a decent amount of petrol in the tank and stretched out for the last 200 metres.

Note my heart rate on finishing was lower(only just) than it is after finishing a heavy set.

I went over to the football fields near my house to run the 400m times... only to find they weren't full length fields... only about 60 metres each according to my pacing.

so no 400m or 50m time logged.