Forums are back in action! ×

Pat G's battle log. Hammer Bros workout.

About. As I'm no longer desk bound 8 hrs a day my internet usage had dropped dramatically. Still

Wednesday 3 Oct garage training.

Bench: 5x5x75kg +2x10x50kg

Squat:5x5x75kg

Row: 5x5x60

These aren't maximal, just trying to keep some strength till routine and a gym is sorted out.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

About. As I'm no longer desk bound 8 hrs a day my internet usage had dropped dramatically. Still

Wednesday 3 Oct garage training.

Bench: 5x5x75kg +2x10x50kg

Squat:5x5x75kg

Row: 5x5x60

These aren't maximal, just trying to keep some strength till routine and a gym is sorted out.

SAME HERE. Funny how being at at school is a lot like being unemployed... minus the lack of stress.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Sweet Herbejus,,, got pushed back to page 4! lots more nerds updating battle logs.

I have a plan, that will get me 3 maybe 4 weeks of free gym time. "Anytime Fitness" do 7 day free trials, just took one up in my local suburb, will last me to next fri, then i just move next suburb down and then again. sneaky sneaky. Treadmills and machines everywhere but they have a Hammer Strength power cage and squat rack good for the goin in the corner.

FRIDAY 12 OCT 2012

Squats: 20, 40, 50, 80, 90, 100, 100, 90, 90. Sets of 5. MY LEGS, I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS... its been too long.

OHP: 20, 40, 50, 60, 60, 60. Maxed out... where did all that shoulder strength go?

Pendlay Row: 20, 40, 60, 70, 70. Done overhand

Otherwise, I've been busy doing sweet nothing... lazy as except for gardening and digging and playing. Knurling on the bar today ripped up all my flaky peeling skin off my shoulders.. nom nom nom....

Peace out nerds.

Started a short train ride, bit bump but good.

Wed 17 Oct 2012

Rows: 4x5x60kg. Workin on that scapular retraction.

OHP: 3x5x62.5kg. grinder.

Squats: 11x60kg, 2x5x95kg. I think i like low bar better, i don't have to travel so far down to get the stretch bounce happening at the bottom.

Friday 19 Oct 2012

Squats: 3x5x97.5kg.

Bench: 4x5x82.5kg

Deadlift: 10x60kg, 5x80kg, 3x100kg, 2x120kg, 5x140kg, 2x160kg. first time i tried the 160, felt like it was nailed to the floor.

Another gym today

Squat:4x5x97.5kg swapped back to high bar.

OHP: 4x5x65kg. Old man was watching me through all of this.

Rows:3x5x65kg.

Dumbell rows. 3x10x not sure how heavy.

Lat pull down 3x8 increasing weight on the stack.

In my experience, the DB rows you can actually get pretty damn close to half your regular row working weight per arm. Just watch that you don't twist too much and get most of the motion from dat retraction rather than dem spine twists.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Do I look like a bro to you? Form was good and did the maths 22kg dumbell.

Wednesday 24 October

C&J 2x30kg 2x40kg 2x50kg attempted Grace (30 @ 60kg for time) DNF at 20 reps 12 mins in.

RDL 3x8x70kg

At home.

I trained 4x last week. Its friday this week and i haven't been to the gym to train once.

My training would go like this

Bench 80kg: 8, 8, 8, 5 on monday and thursday

Dumbell rows: 25kg: 8, 8, 8 on monday and thursday

RDLS: @70 & 80kg on wednesday, 4x5 of each.

Found a powerlifting gym right near my house, only problem is the $80 a month fee to train there, other smaller problem is training hours would be between 3-7pm.

The guy has 20 yrs strength training experience and coached both our NRL rugby league team(illawarra dragons) and area rugby union team(Illawarriors). Some of the guys i talked to during my interview there were playing for a local league team, and they'd all put about 20kgs on their squat and 3kgs on in around a month.... crazy stuff. Every piece of equipment you'd ever need, every type of bar including axles, prowler sled, yokes, GHR, Reverse Hyper, 24 and 30 inch boxes, atlas stones, tyres from 150kg- 400kg etc etc etc etc.

Burning through my mobile data allowance at the moment. Optus go jump i say.

Ptc is a full time gym yes? Pete, the owner has cut the gym down to a small room compared to how big it was. His full time job these days is building fitness equipment. Now.. if I can convince someone to cover the first month fee as an early. Xmas present we'll be set :-) haha