Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! This time, I think I'll do this right.

Hi!

I've been a member of this forum for a while. I've even done a few challenges - and I've usually stuck to the goals I make for a couple of weeks. But eventually, I always fade out. I think maybe because I've never joined the community! I tend to get shy on forums, actually.

Basically, my goal is that I want to lose fat, and I want to do it in a healthy way. Technically, I'm at a healthy weight, but I know that I can be carrying less of it. For me, though, "in a healthy way" means "without hating myself!" I'm a huge perfectionist, and time and time again it messes me up because I can't take it when I fail to meet my goals. In fact, I become so anxious I can't even work out - even though I like working out!

So... yeah. :) Looking forward to spending more time here!

Airbending Druid~

------o| Current Challenge |o------

Previous challenges: 1 2 3 4

Welcome to the rebellion!  I used to think I was lazy till a counselor pointed out I was a frustrated perfectionist.  I am redefining failure to mean not attempting anything at all rather than not getting everything I want.  For what it's worth, perfection used to mean completion, rather than lack of flaws.  In that way of thinking, perfection can be a process, like maturation, rather than a state of being.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I really like that! It sounds like becoming invested in the journey, not the destination. I find that's what trips me up a lot - instead of day by day, I get frustrated by my current position with reference to my goals.

Thanks! You've given me something to think about. :) Have you found yourself feeling better since you shifted your this perspective?

Airbending Druid~

------o| Current Challenge |o------

Previous challenges: 1 2 3 4