Forums are back in action! ×

Ogre Ranger searches for "Cure" to be Human......once again.

Hello Nerd Fitness,

Let me start off by saying that I have visited this site many times in the last few years and have finally decided to join the Rebellion. I am 35 years old and wish to be healthy, happy, fit, and strong. Also I would like to get a lot of this weight off. I am 6'0" tall, and at 280 pounds down from 305 pounds. For most of my life I have worked construction, which meant me packing steel up flights of stairs, or climbing through industrial steel in the air, all which kept me in shape. Well, with my new cushy desk job, the pounds are coming back with a vengeance.

I have family history with heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure. This can not and will not be my fate. As of now, I have stopped all meds for this, as I have corrected it with diet, exercise, and willpower with the doctors very enthusiastic approval. I have children that I want to see married, grand kids to spoil and last but not least my wife breathing down my neck about not leaving her early in life and alone. That one hit close to the heart and I vow to make these changes permanent.

So far I have changed my eating habits with some success. I have just about kicked smoking completely.  No soda's for almost 3 years. I have cut back a "MAJOR" amount of carbs and sugar. Paleo has been a very good plan for me, it seems my body thrives when I eat this way. I always feel better and more energetic. I plan on combining this with some type of at home workout like Body Weight Training or some CrossFit. And I hope to get the whole family into making changes. We all talk about it, lets see who will stick with it.

I have always been strong, it comes naturally to me. Unfortunately I have always tended to be overweight most of my late teens and adult life. So, lets get to it and list my goals I would like to accomplish.

Name:    Bman006

Race:     Lazy Over Weight Ogre

Class:     Ranger

Dream:   To be human once again!

Starting Quest(Fitness):

Drink 3 liters of water daily.

Stick to the Paleo Plan.

Document daily progression.(Helps me stay on task.)

Stick to this so I can live a long and happy life with my family.

Starting Quest(Life):

Slowly get the whole family on board with NF.

Budget.....and for real this time.

Instead of video games all day everyday on weekends, start of with 4 hours of work around the house, then video games....lol.

Work on Mental and Physical health......maybe with some meditation.

On a side note, just a few things I am having problems with on the site.

1) I have no clue how to make those nice fancy signatures or what challenge I should be doing.

2) I used the Sig Generator, but I don't think its working properly as my sig didn't not change and did not give me an option to copy paste.

3) Not real sure on what workout I should be starting with, I want to be able to do at home without much needed equipment. 

4) Not sure how to track my first workouts on the site, i am a little confused. Do you not track on site until you have completed at challenge for more than 3 weeks?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. This site is huge so I am sure I missed what I am looking for! Been reading up for like 3 days.

Thanks

Bman006

Level 0 Orge

Noob Recruit

STR.0 DEX.0 STA.0 CON.0 WIS.0 CHA.0

MyFitnessPal - Inspiration - FaceBook - Battle Log

Main Quest(Starting weight = 305 - Current weight = 275 - Goal weight = 220)

35%
35%

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.†
― Albert Einstein

Hi, Welcome to the Rebellion. Now is a good time to join since we're about to start up a six week challenge. One thing I feel like I should point out is that as a new recruit you start of at level zero and progress to level one at week three of your first challenge. http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58253-challenge-instructions-updated-jan-1-2015/lots of good information on that here.

For workouts this is your basic one. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/ There are a couple others on the blog if you want to check them out, or you can look up Neila Rey or whatever they go by now. Lots of good no equipment workouts there.

You can start a daily log to track your workouts.

Sorry I'm not being much help.

• Like 1

Hi, Welcome to the Rebellion. Now is a good time to join since we're about to start up a six week challenge. One thing I feel like I should point out is that as a new recruit you start of at level zero and progress to level one at week three of your first challenge. http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58253-challenge-instructions-updated-jan-1-2015/lots of good information on that here.

For workouts this is your basic one. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/ There are a couple others on the blog if you want to check them out, or you can look up Neila Rey or whatever they go by now. Lots of good no equipment workouts there.

You can start a daily log to track your workouts.

Sorry I'm not being much help.

Any help is better than none and thank you Yraen. That is actually the body workout I was planning on starting off with. It also says on that page to do Interval training on the days you are not doing the body workout. But I am not much of a runner. I have been looking for another option that I can do indoors. Maybe jump rope or something.......still looking around.

• Like 1

Bman006

Level 0 Orge

Noob Recruit

35%
35%

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.†
― Albert Einstein

Welcome to the rebellion. There's nothing wrong with being an ogre.

Shrek-n-Hulk.jpg

OMG that is awesome. That just got me pumped!

Bman006

Level 0 Orge

Noob Recruit

35%
35%

― Albert Einstein

Welcome!!

The recruit forums are definitely where you wanna be for your first challenge.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/457-recruit/

After that you can pick a guild to join!

Your sig looks to be working fine right now.  If you ever want to edit it it's under 'My Settings' in your User CP!

Your goals are great and sustainable - I too, want to stay active so I can be around a long time and thrive well into my golden years. :D  Good luck and enjoy the forums!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Thanks for all the welcome guys! I am now looking for advice on a workout. Come on over and give me some advice!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/68903-bodyweight-training-with-interval-training-on-off-days-help-please/

Thanks

Bman006

Level 0 Orge

Noob Recruit

35%
35%

― Albert Einstein