Forums are back in action! ×

Social Distortion October 21!

Going to see one of my favorite bands of all time this October 21 at the Fillmore Detroit (formerly the State Theatre). Going to be awesome, however it is a weekday, and vacation time has been blocked out for the month of October, so Friday morning is gonna hurt. Doesn't matter, I will get to see Mike Ness again. Main floor, general admission.

Anybody else have any good shows coming up?

Going to see one of my favorite bands of all time this October 21 at the Fillmore Detroit (formerly the State Theatre). Going to be awesome, however it is a weekday, and vacation time has been blocked out for the month of October, so Friday morning is gonna hurt. Doesn't matter, I will get to see Mike Ness again. Main floor, general admission.

Anybody else have any good shows coming up?

Social D was all over the radio when I lived in San Diego...good times.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Speaking of punk, more specifically folk-punk, I would saw off a pinkie to go see The Pogues. I missed them last time they were in Atlanta. Though I'm not sure if Shane McGowan can even put a sentence together anymore, unfortunately. :/

I have seen Flogging Molly a couple times at least, and they put on a KILLER show. I got my ass completely kicked when I saw them for the first time when I lived in NYC! Now I know to give the pit a wide berth. :P

Hopefully I'll be seeing my favorite band again soon, Great Big Sea. They're a Celtic folk-rock band from Newfoundland. I've seen them close to a dozen times already but it never gets old. :)

I have seen Flogging Molly a couple times at least, and they put on a KILLER show. I got my ass completely kicked when I saw them for the first time when I lived in NYC! Now I know to give the pit a wide berth. :P

I love their shows! Worth every penny for great music, showmanship and a couple hours of time in the pit. I enjoy Great Big Sea and the Pogues, just haven't had any opportunity to see them live.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

~Calvin Coolidge