Forums are back in action! ×

After learning a few ways not to do it...

Hi, I joined NF last night and signed up for the six week challenge that begins tomorrow.

I'm 34, American but living in Germany (not military). Usually I measure myself in Kilos.

Had a baby last year and I am still the same weight I was the day I left the hospital with her. My jeans are getting less and less comfortable. Right now I am 160 cm and 67 kg (5'3" and 148 lbs). Other than those months when I had another human being growing inside me, I have never weighed so much in my life. I have made half-hearted efforts in the past to shape up, but since I always looked and felt "well enough anyway", nothing ever really ever stuck. I am pretty short and quite sedentary by nature, so I can easily out-eat the amount of calories I really need. 

My friend posted a pic of me on Facebook from college. Another posted a pic of me shortly after my wedding five years ago. And I realized that I have been gaining over a kilo a year. I was 52kg (116 lbs) in college. 57kg (125 lbs) on my wedding day five years later. And now 67kg five years after that!

So this was a wake up call. I was never very motivated because I hate being hungry, I hate running and sports in general. And like I said, I always thought I looked and felt fine anyway. Not really satisfied, but not dissatisfied enough to really do something about it.

I stumbled upon NF yesterday and I like what I am reading. I've been going to the gym on and off for years. My favorite part is lifting weights, but I always did basically the opposite of what is recommended here. And I love bread and sweets, but if I am real with myself, they make up an unacceptable percentage of what I take in per day. It's better to set "none" as my goal!

I am starting with the six week challenge and we'll see what happens. At some point tomorrow I will take my measurements. It won't be easy, but learning German was probably worse ;P

There it is. Hi :)

• Like 1

Kids are great but having a baby and the months afterward is a toughie. Just remember it took sometime for the weight to increase and it will take a while to lose it.

I see that you go to the gym, may i suggest you try high impact interval training, lots of info on here and the web, 3 x25 minute sessions worked wonders for me that and a primal/paleo diet.

Good luck in reaching your goals.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Cool. I'll be starting the six week challenge with you. See you there.

STYLAX

Pokémon Trainer Lv0

Link

< STR:            1               |               CHA:           0 >

< STA:            1               |               WIS:            0 >

< CON:           2               |                DEX:           1 >