Forums are back in action! ×

A dork, a geek, and a nerd walk into a bar...

Hey everyone,

I discovered NF a few weeks ago and was amazed at how tenacious, intelligent, attractive, and nerdy you studs and studettes are, so I decided to join up.

My level 50 goal is to be able to run a marathon whenever I feel like it. I’ve set subgoals, not all of them running related, to make sure I’m doing things right and to help me eventually get there. Right now I’m 5’9â€, weigh 168, and have a BF of 14.6 according to the internet (I’ll believe it only after I get my calipers, though) and have been steadily losing fat since I started grad school six months ago.

Anyway, onto the nerd cred:

-I love to read sci fi and fantasy

-D&D for I don’t know how long

-Markland fighting during my college years. For the uninitiated, I wore armor and beat up people with foam swords.

-I’m also a reformed Starcraft addict and a bit of a music nerd (mostly rock & alternative)

On a final note, I want to say that everyone here is freaking inspirational. I wasn’t feeling up to working out this week, but after reading through a few of your stories I was motivated to go above and beyond what I had planned to do those days. To all you nerds out there, keep fighting the good fight!

Hey everyone,

I discovered NF a few weeks ago and was amazed at how tenacious, intelligent, attractive, and nerdy you studs and studettes are, so I decided to join up.

Flattery will get you everywhere. Welcome to the community!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Guest guest4729

Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear that so many people motivated you on here and glad to see you joined because of it. Don't be shy to post, ask questions, ask for help and do everything you can to get awesome. :D