Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, my name is PrimeDonne, and today was my first day at a proper gym since high school.

I'm a general nerd; I enjoy video games (Dota 2, Killing Floor, League, and a variety of others), horror genre everything, and comic books of both the DC, Marvel, and independent variety. In the past, I've tried to get in shape, but I've always fallen off the wagon--with no real excuse aside from laziness or slight inconvenience. I think that, perhaps, having a community like this one might help me stick with it this time...

...As well as the fact that I'm paying $25 per month for my gym membership. That's pretty good motivation.

I've looked around a bit, and so far as I can tell, I'm definitely a dwarf until I start to lose weight. My goal is to get through the Adventurer class and into either the Ranger class or the Assassin class, but we've got to to start small. I have a support network in real life too, but the extra bit of push from here will help immensely.

Thanks for having me [:

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion. You want to be a ranger. Ranger's and Assassins are both good classes be a ranger and either would be happy to have you screw that be a Ranger. What many of us have found helps is having a plan. What are your plans for fitness eating right over the next few weeks? Also be a ranger the current six week challenge is still in the first week, you may want to head over to the recruit section and sign up then next challenge join the rangers

What are your overall fitness goals?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks for the welcomes! Rangers are seeming a bit more realistic at the moment, and will more than likely be my first goal if not my only one.

As far as fitness goals right now, I want to lose weight and gain muscle. I want to be strong, and I want to reach the potential I've got. I want to lose inches and feel better, both health wise and confidence wise. We've already started on the clean eating, and begun our workouts today, so that's a good start. What's left is cracking down on self discipline and control. Also, I will post to the recruits subforum tomorrow. Then I can start fresh on Monday and only a week behind [: thank you, I was wondering how to go about joining.

I hear the Rangers are pretty cool. ;)

Welcome to NF!  Your goals are very similar to my own - lose weight and get strong.  Every day I'm getting stronger and am working on those last few pesky stomach pounds... (why do they always hang around there??)  I've never done any sort of strength training before NF, and I'm amazed at what I can do!

Good luck with your goals!  If you make a challenge, post it so we can follow along and cheer you on~ :)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hey PrimeDonne,

Welcome to NerdFitness! I'll 2nd (or 3rd) the others in saying that there is still plenty of time to jump into the current challenge. It's a great way to stay motivated and motivate others. The rangers are great for people looking to get into shape, lose fat, and gain muscle.

• Like 1

Level 7 Ranger: STR-10 DEX-2 STA-3 CON-10 WIS-2 CHA-0 | Instagram |Previous Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5| 6 | 7 | current |  Battle Log