Forums are back in action! ×

Amateur Shark Bait Here!

Hows it going?

So long story short: Life fell apart, realized it wasn't much of one, and now since I have absolutely nothing left to lose, I figured I'd stop chasing other people's dreams and start chasing mine which is to be a Field Research Marine Biologist aka I want to be the bad ass chick who's scuba diving in the waters (No Cage!) and analyzing behaviors of sharks. Am I crazy? Most likely! But its been a dream of mine for over 20 years. So I sold everything I owned, got accepted into school to finish my Marine Sciences degree, and moved to Savannah because I got tired of fantasizing about living near the beach.

How does Nerd Fitness fit in? In order to achieve my goals, I need to be in great shape. Especially if I want to be taken seriously in a mainly man's world. NF's philosophy of a total life change got me excited because here was a resource made for people like me. Nerds with no clue how to even get started. When life was handing out how-to manuals, I was probably looking through the fridge for a Coke.

My plan is to start the Paleo diet, weight-training, and find cardio I like. (I hate treadmills, would rather just run outside.) Did try P90X and Insanity but I got bored after a couple of weeks. I prefer working out outdoors unless its weights.

Short Goals: Strict Paleo diet for 30 days

Weight-training (No idea where to begin with this so doing research on it)

Walk/Sprint/Run - I walk an average of 20 miles a week and already dropped say 60lbs in 18 months but I want to sprint farther and eventually be able to run on a regular basis just for fun.

Level 50:

Working at my dream job while taking research trips around the world.My PhD or my Masters degree. A solid family life. Healthy and in the best shape of my life. Certified scuba diver.(Strictly materialistic here: Own a boat and a truck.) And a published author. (Total publish or die mentality.)

Any tips?

Wake Your Dreams...

The hardest thing to give up was definitely sugar & desserts. I had a major sweet tooth and I like to bake stuff, which is a bad combination! Nowadays I still bake, but I give away most of what I make to my friends and co-workers. Honestly I feel so much better after cutting back on those things, I don't miss them anymore.

D- I got lucky there. My new place doesn't have a stove so I'm forced to use a george foreman griddle/crockpot so that will make things a lot easier. Plus I'm the only person there so what I buy is all I eat. Poor me, I don't buy junk food at the store just because I hate the looks that I think I get. Same reason why I don't get fast food. Foodwise I'm a decent eater. Its all the daggone liquid calories!!!

Wake Your Dreams...