Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd/Fitness Christmas

hehe that would make it the best mug ever.

As for myself, my brother bought me a beer brewing kit and my mum got me these novelty daggers. I'm not entirely sure why she got them... but they are bad ass and I will be skinning any intruders with them.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Guest guest4729

hehe that would make it the best mug ever.

As for myself, my brother bought me a beer brewing kit and my mum got me these novelty daggers. I'm not entirely sure why she got them... but they are bad ass and I will be skinning any intruders with them.

My boyfriend brews his own beer and he loves it. He puts a lot of care into it. It can be expensive at first, but once you get the hang of it it's an awesome hobby that saves you a lot of money on beer. If you're looking to really get into it message me and I can ask him the name of the book he got to start brewing fo' reals. I read most of it myself and it's really informative and helpful if you're just starting out. :)

I gave some nerd presents. I wanted to give my step-son the tardis mug, but it was back ordered, instead he got a dalek wind up toy and a Big Lebowski bowling shirt, the toddler got a Japanese chisel hammer (no claw to take out an eye) so she can work in the basement with me, the baby got a Chewbacca plush and a vampire fang nukie.

I mostly got clothes, I've been looking shabby lately and I needed smaller jeans.

Nerd/fitness presents:

Family membership at the Children's museum (the toddler runs 'til she drops)

A Game of Thrones

Spam, it's Paleo right?

Enrollment in a log rolling class (I AM Stoked).

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Yay game of thrones!

I got skyward sword :3 its awesome so far! Also got the first 8 chapters of Walking Dead... So different from the show!

Fitness related, nothing from people, but I DID buy myself a home-study trainer certification course :) so that's a big plan for the next year!

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I got a Kindle, which I'm very stoked about. I have wanted one for soooo long.

And an underarmour shirt which is pretty awesome. I've had knock off brands but never the brand name. I am ready to sweat now.

And a dutch oven so I can make some nifty Paleo meals.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I got a new coat from my mom, $50 from my grandparents and a really nice Thomas Pink french cuff shirt from my boyfriend. (He knows me so well. I've been whining about how hard it is to find them. Women like cufflinks too!)

Presents I gave were mostly hand-knits, except for boyfriend - he got two sample-size bottles of nice whisky, a pair of cricket gloves to protect his hands in longsword practice, and some gourmet marmalades. And I put scratch-lotto cards in everyone's stocking, but I was the only one who won anyt money. (Not enough to pay for the cards though, heh.)

I think I need to make a clone of the cabled cowl I knit for my mom, I liked it so much it was really hard to give away!

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Nerd Gifts Received: Miniature model trebuchet that launches marbles, a kick ass steampunk looking box, intro to steampunk book (I mentioned finding the concept interesting and my favorite video games had steampunk airships and such), Hood book series.

Fitness Gifts Received: From others, none, from myself, see below.

Nerd Gifts Given: None (edit: Unless you count the aeropress, gave one of those)

Fitness Gifts Given: I let myself test out my deadlift 1 rep max. 345 lb got barely locked out. I was stoked.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

you'll love your kindle! SO many books, so little time ;-)

I've already downloaded 20. Most of them were free, and the most I paid was $1.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

USB Owl

Jealous. I love owls.

I got:

Kindle(With lots of books already on it!!!)

New winter boots (my old ones had holes in the bottom :/)

Coat

Money

Boombox that has a cd player, radio and mp3 jack in it

lots of candy :"(

some random little toy things

Foods

A fanny pack from Hawaii (don't laugh. I freakin love it)

Nativity

A CD

Lots of makeup stuff

LOTS OF OWL THINGS:

Necklace

Figurine

Blanket

Giant Pillow Cuddle thing

Calendar

Journal

If the only thing I had gotten was my Kindle I probably would have been more than thrilled. I have wanted an e-reader for only forever now.

:)

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox