Forums are back in action! ×

Few things

Well I've got a few things to celebrate. Been floating on cloud 9 for the last while.

First and foremost: who has two thumbs and is going to be a dad in June? *this guy*

Pretty excited about that one. Even more so because we finally told the family over Christmas. In our usual fashion, we told everyone by sending in our dog wearing a shirt "I'm going to be a big brother."

Second: I got a promotion at work. Basically it's assistant manager. The guy who previously had the job moved onto a new position and my manager offed it to me the next day. The best part: when I heard the other guy was moving on I thought I would tell my boss I'd be interested in that position and I came up with all these reasons why it should be me. We met first thing the next morning and I had the offer before I could even tell him I was interested. And he said the reason they were offering it to me was all the reasons I had planned to tell him.

After mulling it over for a week I decided to reward myself by joining crossfit, which will start up on Jan 16.

Third: I've been doing guest passes at a gym while I'm away for an extended holiday visit and basically following strong lifts. Today I thought I'd try to find my one rep max on everything and it went better than expected. I loaded up what I thought I could do and just kept adding 5 pounds to each side of the bar for the next rep.

Squat: 180. I MAY have been able to do more. I didn't think I'd get that night and started low, so I think I was just worn out by then. If I started at 170 I may have gotten more in

Bench press: 120. Really happy with this as its one I struggle on.

Bent over rows: 160.

None of that includes bar weight since I can't vouch for it. Squat and press was done with a heavier bar that I think was a standard 45 pound Olympic bar. Rows was a smaller one. 35 pounds is my best guess.

It's fair to say I've ended 2012 on a high note.

Guest guest4729

All of those things are epic! Congrats on being a soon-to-be father! Congrats on the awesomely easy promotion and congrats on your 1 rep maxes! Sounds like you're totally ending 2011 with a bang! Best of luck in all other aspects of your life!

All those things are truly awesome! Congrats on becoming a father! It's great to see that you've had such a great year!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Whoa. There is a whole lotta woot worthy stuff going on here! Congrats on all of it!! :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!