Forums are back in action! ×

Back pain

Due to my job (I think) I've been having quite a bit of back pain for the past few months. It always sore and catches at it's worst. It's not unbearable yet but I wanna try and do something about it before it gets to that point. Is there any exercises that I can do to help my back? Or any other things at all that I can try?

I've just never really had this problem and not sure how to go about dealing with it. So, any advice is greatly appreciated.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I think that hanging from a bar in pullup position decompresses my back. Some light dynamic core work like reverse crunches on the roman chair also relieves pressure. When I have access to it, I like inversion, kind of like the guy from the late night infomercials. It's basically hanging upside down by your ankles. I do it on the punching bag, but I can't relax on the bag because I'll slide off. If your ankles are locked in, you can relax into stretching your back upside down.

Heavy squats, deadlifts, overhead presses will all compress or put heavy pressure on your back.

Hope you feel better.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

I was going to put in a pullup bar for my home gym tommorow. I'll give the hanging thing a try. Thanks!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I've always had some low back pain (cramping) after sitting for extended periods of time. I recently noticed that it is much less (almost none), since I started doing squats and deadlifts regularly.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

All those exercises will strengthen your lower back, which may be necessary (I'm not sure what your fitness routine is like now)... Romanian Deadlifts are also good for that...

to stretch it out and such, I'm really a fan of yoga poses:

, bridge and/or wheel,
to plank to
. These are just some.. and they're pretty good explanations over all (though, some of them are a liiiiittle ditzy).

Also, if you can get your hands on a foam roller, use it horizontally to roll and then put it vertically along your spine and lay there for a bit. It opens things up nicely. I'm a fan of rolling it all the way down to my hips and letting them be pushed up some. It opens the hips a lot which helps with lower back.

Hope some of this helps!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Guest guest4729

Another thing I started to come across recently is a foam roller. It seems as if you lay on it with you center back then roll to the top of you back where your shoulders are and slowly go back and forth. It seems to be that it's bad to roll into your neck or very lower back. Not sure how good this works or anything but it's something I keep coming across all of a sudden.

You can also do roller angels with a foam roller. Lay with the foam roller down your spin as opposed to perpendicular. Then make snow angel with you arms, elbows bent, trying to keep your elbows and the back of your hands as close to the floor as possible. You can do the same thing on a stability ball. You can also just lay on the stability ball on your back and put your feet and arms out and let yourself hang.

Thanks guys! I remembered that i also have a exercise ball stored. I may try that route as well

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Thanks guys! I remembered that i also have a exercise ball stored. I may try that route as well

This is what I use for my back.

Also walking.

And stretching. Stretch your arms straight up then reach just a little bit vehind you. This strethes your back the opposite way than hunched over a computer.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Guest Snake McClain

I actually just hurt myself the other day. doing my max deadlift for the midwinter muscle challenge or whatever the eff. I'm super pissed. form ws good but i just wasn't ready for that much weight. serious strain in my lower back. i have wrestling in two weeks and i swear to god if i am not better and able to be ready for it then i am quitting at life.

Oooooh, supermans are awesome! 1. Duh-Superman, 2. Feels oh so good, 3. Works that shiz out.

Regular superman and prone are awesome.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!