Forums are back in action! ×

Digging the concept, but...

I ran across the whole Nerd Fitness thing while looking for a way to break into getting fit.  I'm a 44 year old IT worker, 5'10", and since February of 2014 (starting at 215 lbs) I am down to 172 lbs merely by stepping away from the fork.  That's going okay, but I am still not really "fit." and honestly the weight loss is stalling a bit.  I've never really worked out and never really been active, save the little bit of walking since I started this and by camping as much as possible.  My goal is simply this: to be more healthy, continue the weight loss a bit, and hopefully offset to some degree bad genes.

So here is my dilemma.  I'm a gamer and absolutely love the concept and motivation of leveling up a toon.  But if I'm honest with myself and you, I don't relish the thought of the class descriptions for my future lifestyle.  I will never be into mixed martial arts (or single, sliced, or grated martial arts for that matter).  I don't want to run marathons.  I loathe the idea of becoming a gym rat.  Jumping off walls and buildings does sound mildly amusing, but only to watch someone else do.  I've been doing the body weight workout and I can see myself doing that sort of thing.  I would like to stick to this basic type of workout, adapting it as I do get stronger and more able.  I would like to have better blood work and yes, a better body.  But not a bodybuilder's body, just a good athletic dilf (yes, I went there) body.  So where does that put me in looking for a class?  Not very far.  To show my age, it's like Fat Albert and the Gang used to say... NC - No Class!

Is there a class for just general outdoorsey types?  I need a class who specializes in chopping mesquite trees for use in the smoker using only his pinkies and front teeth.  Or can carry 14 Bi-Lo bags plus 2 cases of drinks, AND look good doing it.  Or who can unhitch the camper and set the electric stabilizer jacks MANUALLY, because I can.  You get my point.

So I guess my options are to just suck it up and choose a class, hope for one of you good heroes to suggest something, or make up the EveryMan class.  Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion. The adventurer class sounds right up your alley. Of course, if you're really into outdoorsy stuff, the Rangers would be happy to have you. I am totally biased being a ranger myself, so I'm gonnna say check out the Ranger's Guild. Of course, if you're looking into starting the six week challenges, we send all first timers to the recruit guild.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Depending on the outdoorsyness that you like you might also look into the druids.  I must agree with the other posters though.  Adventurers and Rangers might be a better fit than you think.

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green